Download di Aplikasi Lebih Mudah
Rapi dan Siap Cetak, Klik Disini untuk Download Aplikasi
Modul untuk Bimbel / Materi Belajar Sekolah TK SD SMP SMA lebih lengkap dan lebih mudah di Aplikasi Produk Aqila Klik Disini untuk Download
Daftar Link Soal-soal Bahasa Inggris SMA kelas 10 dan 11
- Annaouncement 1
- Annaouncement 2
- COMPLIMENTING, CONGRATUTULATION, ATTENTION
- Descriptive 1
- Descriptive 2
- Narrative 1
- Narrative 2
- Narrative 3
- Recount 1
- Recount 2
- Recount 3
- Recount 4
- ANALYTICAL EXPOSITION 1
- ANALYTICAL EXPOSITION 2
- ANALYTICAL EXPOSITION 3
- ANALYTICAL EXPOSITION 4
- ANALYTICAL EXPOSITION 5
- Asking and Giving Opinion
- Hope and Pray
- Latihan Soal Kelas 11 bagian 1
- Latihan Soal Kelas 11 bagian 2
- Latihan Soal Kelas 11 bagian 3
- Personal Letter Bagian 1
- Personal Letter Bagian 2
- Recount Biography
- Report 1
- Report 2
- Report 3
- Report 4
- Report 5
- Saran, Tawaran dan Respon
The following text is for questions number 1 to 4
HOW TO COOK RICE USING A MAGIC COM
- Weight the exact amount of rice that will be poured. It should not be more than 4 measure cups;
- Wash the rice. Put it in the inner pot, and adjust the quantity of water;
At the same time, you can cook another meal like vegetables. Put them in the steam pot;
- Plug in the cable into the electricity socket and push the cooking button. A light red will turn on;
- After cooking, open the cover and mingle the cooked rice for a while.
1. What is the purpose of the text above?
A. to tell how to cook rice using a magic com
B. to imagine how to cook rice using a magic com
C. to narrate how to cook rice using a magic com
D. to report how to cook rice using a magic com
E. to show how to cook rice
2. We can cook another meal at the same time in ...
3. “Put them in the steam pot.” (Line 3). The underlined word refers to ...
amount of rice
4 measure cups
4. “Weight the exact amount of rice that will be poured.” (Line 1). The synonym of the underlined word is....
The following text is for questions number 5 to 8
How to Cross the Street Safely
These guidelines follow the recommendation of the national highway traffic safety administration. Choose a corner where cars tend to slow down the most. When crossing the street, look to your right and your left again. Before crossing the street, continue looking to the side as you proceed once you have determined that you can cross the street safely. Understand and obey crossing signals. Do not start to cross until the walk sign appears, but if you have already started to cross the street, get to the other side as quickly as possible. Remain alert to drivers’ lights engine noises and other indications of oncoming cars both before and as you cross the street.
Most people give little thought to the pens they write with, especially since the printers in modern homes and offices mean that very few items are hand written. All too often, people buy a pen based only on looks, and wonder why they are not satisfied once they begin to use it. How ever, buying a pen that you will enjoy is not difficult if you keep a few simple tips in mind.
First of all, a pen should fit comfortably in your hand and be easy to manipulate. The thickness of the pen is the most important characteristic when determining comfort. If you have a small hand and thick fingers, you may be comfortable with a slender pen. If you have a larger hand and thicker fingers, you may prefer a fatter pen. The length of a pen can also influence comfort. A pen that is too long can easily feel top-heavy and unstable as you write.
Then, the writing point of the pen should allow the ink to flow evenly while the pen remains in contact with the paper. This will create a smooth line of writing, with no ships or gaps that indicate an irregular flow of ink within the pen. The point should also be sensitive enough to prevent ink from flowing when the pen is lifted from the paper. A point that does not seal off the flow may leave blots of ink at the end and beginning of each word, as you pick the pen up and put it down again.
Finally, the pen should make a bold, dark line. Fine-line pens may compensate for bad handwriting, but fine, delicate lines do not command attention next to the printed text, as for example, a signature on a printed letter. A boarder line, by contrast, gives an impression of confidence and authority.
5. What is the text about?
A. Write more legibly.
B. Purchase better printers.
C. Write more things by hand.
D. Pay more attention to the pens.
E. Purchase more pens for writing.
6. What is an advantage of fine-line pens?
A. They command attention.
B. They are easier to write with.
C. They convey confidence and authority.
D. They are more effective to bring anywhere.
E. They can compensate for bad writing.
7. “Fine-line pens may compensate for bad handwriting, …” (Paragraph 5)
The underlined word has the same meaning as ….
8. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To persuade the readers that a pen is the case.
B. To tell the readers that a pen is important.
C. To describe a pen used for writing with.
D. To explain the advantage of a pen.
E. To inform the use of the pen.
The following text is for questions number 9 to 11
There is more to pedestrian safety than looking both ways. These guidelines follow the recommendations of national highway traffic safety administration. Choose a corner where cars tend to slow down when crossing the street. Look to your left then your right and to your left again before crossing the street. Continue looking the side as you proceed. Once you have determined that you can cross the street safely. Understand and obey crossing signals. Do not start to cross until the walk sign appears. But if you have already started to cross the street, get to the other side as quickly as possible. Remain alert to drivers lights engine noises and other indications of on coming cars both before and as you cross the street.
9. Whom is this text addressed to?
B. all people
10. How many steps does the instruction consist of?
11. Based o the text, we know that the goal of the above text is ….
A. how to drive safely
B. how to cross the street safely
C. how to walk in the busy street
D. how to drive in the busy street
E. how to cross someone else
The following text is for questions number 12 to 17
How to Make a Dialled call
Recently, we can find public phone almost everywhere. Payphone (or commonly called ‘coin phone’) is the most common public phone. If you want to call someone and use this, just get some coins with you then you go there. Now, here are some ways to use such kind of means.
First, you must lift the receiver and wait until you listen for dial tone. Then you must insert money at least the minimum fee as shown on the display. Next you dial the number and listen for the ringing tone. You can speak after connected. You may add the coins at any time during your call. If you have a failed call, do not replace the receiver but you should press the blue button then redial. At last, after you finish your call, you must replace the receiver. This phone will return your unused coins but doesn’t give change.
12. What must the phone user do if the dial is connected?
A. He must insert more coins.
B. He must replace the receiver and try to dial again.
C. He must get the coin back.
D. He must press certain button for redial.
E. He must close the call and redial the number.
13. How many steps are there to make a dial?
14. Which one is correct about the text?
A. Coin is added after the tune ends.
B. The user inserts coin before and after he dials the number.
C. If the user finds disconnection, just replace the receiver.
D. The phone will return the change.
E. The ringing phone means the phone is connected.
15. “If you want to call someone and use this,….” The underlined word refers to ….
A. public phone
B. mobile phone
D. display phone
E. dialled phone
16. “Then you must insert money at least the minimum fee as shown on the display.”
The synonym of the underlined word is ….
A. put on
B. put out
C. put into
D. put off
E. put over
17. Uzan:”What should the phone user do if the dial is not connected for a long time?”
Pelangi:” Don’t worry. The phone user directly …… the redial button.”
The following text is for questions number 18 to 22
How to Boil an Egg
Do you know how to boil an egg? Well, this is the way. First, heat (18) …. on the stove. And then (19) …. the egg in the boiling water.
Next, heat until it (20) …. After that, cook it for three minutes. Just leave the egg until it (21) …. No, the egg is ready. Finally, (22) …. it with pepper and salt.
18. A. a teaspoon of water
B. a pail of water
C. a jar of water
D. a saucepan of water
E. a spoonful of water
19. A. put
20. A. cooks
21. A. burnt
B. well done
C. gets burn
22. A. decorate
The following text is for questions number 23 and 26
Follow these instructions to germinate petunia seeds. You will need:
• a packet of petunia seeds
· loamy friable soil or potting mix water
1. Fill seed tray with soil.
2. Incorporate fertilizer into soil.
3. Scatter seeds on the surface of the soil.
4. Cover seeds with a 3 mm layer of soil. Press firmly.
5. Spray water to moisten the seed bed.
6. Place seed tray in warm, sunny position (at least 25 deg. C).
7. Keep soil moist by watering gently while seeds are germinating. Seeds will germinate in
approximately 10 - 14 days.
23. What is the purpose of this text?
A. To tell about petunia seeds.
B. To describe the germinating petunia seeds.
C. To show the steps of germinating petunia seeds.
D. To tell the sequence of germinating petunia seeds.
E. To inform readers about germinating petunia seeds.
24. Which of the followings is the best media of germinating petunia seeds?
C. Fertilized soil
D. Moistened soil
E. Fertilized and moistened soil
25. Which of the following statements is not true?
A. The seed should be put on a sunny place.
B. To wet the seed bed, you should water it.
C. The seeds take about 2 weeks to germinate.
D. You should spread seeds on the surface of the soil.
E. Before filling seed tray with soil, you should add fertilizer into it.
26. Keep soil moist by watering gently while seeds are germinating.
The antonym of the word 'moist' is ....
The following text is for question number 27 to 30
Bleeding from nose
What to do:
1. Sit the casualty down with their head well forward, and ask them to breathe through their mouths and to avoid speaking, swallowing, coughing, or sniffing.
2. Get them to pinch their nose just below the bridge.
3. After about 10 minutes, get them to release their nose. If the bleeding hasn’t stopped, repeat the process for a further 10 minutes. If there is still no improvement, the casualty should be taken to hospital, still leaning forward and pinching their nose.
4. Once the bleeding has stopped, tell the casualty to avoid their nose for a while.
IMPORTANT: If a bloody but pale fluids leaks from the nose or if the casualty is unconscious, medical attention should be sought immediately. If the casualty is unconscious, send for an ambulance, put them in the recovery position and monitor their breathing and pulse. Be ready to start artificial ventilation or cardiopulmonary resuscitation if necessary.
27. What should you do firstly when your nose is bleeding?
A. breathe trough your mouth.
B. avoid speaking and swallowing.
C. sit down with your head well forward.
D. pinch your nose just below the bridge.
E. go to the hospital for medical treatment.
28. What will probably you do if the victim lose his consciousness?
A. start artificial ventilation.
B. do medical treatment as soon as possible.
C. repeat the whole process for a further 10 minutes.
D. start to do cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
E. get the casualty to avoid his nose for a while.
29. In what condition should the casualty be taken to hospital?
A. if the casualty is unconscious.
B. if the bleeding has not stopped.
C. as the nose bleeding starts to happen.
D. after the first aid done.
E. if the nose is bleeding.
30. What should you do if the first treatment doesn’t stop the bleeding?
A. medical attention should be done at once.
B. be ready to do artificial ventilation.
C. be ready to start cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
D. call an ambulance.
E. redo the process for further 10 minutes.
The following text is for questions number 31 to 32
“Cire Perdue” is French woods of Lost Wax. It is a process of wax casting used in making metal sculpture.
First, a model is coated with wax. The solidified wax is encased in a two-layer mold of plaster or clay. It is then melted or otherwise removed from the mold, and metal is poured into the space where the wax had been. After cooling, the mold is broken to free the metal object.
This ancient method is used to produce sculpture, jewelry, and utilitarian products such as dentures.
31. The communicative purpose of the text is to ….
A. describe Lost wax
B. present how Lost Wax works
C. inform how to make Lost Wax
D. tell the readers about Lost Wax
E. explain the process of Lost Wax
32. In the second paragraph, the writer ….
A. describes Lost wax
B. explains the process of Lost Wax
C. informs the metal object in Lost Wax
D. presents the mold and metal in Lost Wax
E. tells the two-layer mold of plaster in Lost Wax
The following text is for questions number 33 to 36
Please follow these procedures in order to make a machine withdrawal from your Country Bank checking or saving accounts:
1. Insert your card facing up into the card slot of the teller machine.
2. Enter your four-digit identification number on the number buttons.
3. Press the withdrawal for checking or the button for saving.
4. Enter the amount of withdrawal on the number buttons, and wait for your receipt to be printed.
5. Remove your card from the slot. The drawer will open with a receipt and your cash withdrawal in fifty=thousand rupiah per packets.
All customers are limited to two withdrawals in a twenty four hour period. If you attempt to withdraw more than limited number of time your card will be retained in the machinr, and you will have to reclaim it in a person at your main branch bank.
33. What is the passage about?
A. How to get a Country Bank Card
B. How to make a loan at a Country Bank
C. How to use the Country Bank teller machine
D. How to open an account at Country Bank
E. How to make a deposit and withdrawal at Country Bank
34. All of the following steps must be performed in order to withdraw money from your accounts EXCEPT….
A. The identification number must be entered
B. Your card must be inserted into the machine
C. The amount of withdrawal must be entered
D. Your card shoud be rmoved from the solt
E. The card must be reclaimed in person from a bank teller
35. Paragraph 2 talks about ….. .
A. the location of the machine
B. the form of the card
C. the place of a branch bank
D. the limited number of time of withdrawal
E. the requirements for opening a saving account
36. What is communicative purpose of the text?
A. To tell the amusing story
B. To tell the steps of using an ATM
C. To compare the use of an ATM card
D. To inform the nearest Country Bank branch
E. To analyse the use of an ATM
The following text is for questions number 37 to 46
How to Install CD-ROM
Turn off your computer and unplug power cord from power outlet.
Carefully remove the computer cover.
Set the Master/Slave jumper on the rear panel of drive. (To get best results, we strongly suggest that you connect your device to the Secondary IDE port as the MASTER device.)
Connect the IDE cable to the drive.
Connect the 4-pole power cable to the drive.
Connect the audio cable (if applicable).
Carefully slide the drive into the empty bay and mount it. Then replace the computer cover.
Plug your computer back to power outlet and then turn the power on.
37. The text above shows us how to ….
A. unpack CD-ROM
B. install the CD-ROM
C. uninstall CD-ROM
D. remove CD-ROM from our computer
E. connect CD-ROM
38. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To explain how to install CD-ROM
B. To tell the readers how to connect computers using CD-ROM.
C. To discuss the influence of CD-ROM on the computer work.
D. To measure the effectiveness of computer working with CD-ROM installed.
E. To describe the CD-ROM
39. What should be done first before installing the CD-ROM?
A. Remove the computer cover
B. Unplug all other devices first
C. Turn off the computer and unplug the power cable
D. Turn the computer on before installing CD-ROM
E. Plug the computer back to the power outlet and then turn on.
40. What does the writer strongly recommend in order to get the best result of the CD-ROM installation?
A. That we remove the computer cover first.
B. That the computer should be turned off before installing CD-ROM.
C. That the CD-ROM is set as Master device in the Secondary IDE.
D. That CD-ROM is set as Master device in Primary IDE.
E. That CD-ROM is set as Master device in tertiary IDE
41. We have to connect the CD-ROM to the following types of cable EXCEPT ….
A. power cable
B. audio cable
C. IDE cable
D. monitor cable
E. Master cable
42. What part of the CD-ROM should be set if you want to apply CD-ROM as Master or Slave?
A. Motherboard slot
B. IDE slot
C. Cable power
D. Master/Slave Jumper
E. Monitor cable
43. “Connect the audio cable (if applicable).”
The sentence implies ….
A. You may not turn the computer on before connecting the cable.
B. Your CD-ROM may not work properly if you do not connect the cable.
C. It is not necessary to connect the cable if it is not valid
D. Reinstall the CD-ROM if you have not connected the cable.
E. Connect the CD-ROM to the audio cable is necessary
44. “Connect the IDE cable to the drive.”
The word 'drive' in the sentence refers to ….
E. master cable
45. “Carefully slide the drive into the empty bay and mount it.”
The word 'bay' in the sentence is similar in meaning to ….
46. Plug your computer back to power outlet and then turn the power on.
The word 'outlet' in the sentence is similar in meaning to ….
The following text is for questions number 47 to 49
Printing a File
1.Turn the printer on.
2.Open the file that you want to print.
3.Click “File”. And then click “print”.
4.Check if the printer’s name is the same as the one you are going to use. If it is not the same, then search for the name of the printer that you are going to use by clicking on the small triangle or arrow beside it.
5.Click “pages” and then type the pages that you want to print.
6.Select the number of copies that you want to print by clicking on the arrows beside it.
7.Click “OK” or “Print”.
47. The text is about how to ….
save a file
print a file
open a file
delete a file
close the file
48. How do we open the file?
A. Just by turning the printer on.
B. Just by clicking the “File”
C. Just by clicking “Print”
D. Just by typing the pages
E. Just by clicking ‘open’
49. What do we have to do if the printer's name is not the same as the one we are going to use?
A. Search for the name of the printer that we are going to use by clicking on the small triangle or arrow beside it
B. Select the number of copies that you want to print by clicking on the arrows beside it.
C. Click “pages” and then type the pages that you want to print.
D. Turn the printer off.
E. Turn the computer off and unplug the power
50. How many step mention in the text?
The following text is for questions number 51 to 55
Connecting JetFlash (flash disk) to a Computer
1. 1.Plug the JetFlash directly into an available USB port on your desktop or notebook computer.
2. When the JetFlash is successfully connected to a computer, the JetFlash ‘s LED will light up. A Removable Disk drive* with a newly assigned drive letter indicating the JetFlash will appear in the My Computer window. In addition, a Removable Hardware icon and an icon Quick Menu (provided you setup JetFlash elite) will appear in the Windows System Tray
3. 3.After the JetFlash is connected to the computer, you can start transferring data to the JetFlash Just drag and drop files or folders directly onto the Removable Disk icon that represents the JetFlash .
(Source: BSE, taken from: JetFlash manual)
51. What does the text tell us about?
A. The steps to install the JetFlash .
B. The steps to uninstall the JetFlash .
C. The steps to install QuickMenu of the JetFlash.
D. The steps to copy files and folders to the JetFlash.
E. The steps to rename the jetflash
52. Where do we plug the flash disk?
A. Into the IDE port.
B. Into the power slot.
C. Into the USB port.
D. Into the power outlet.
E. Into the power cord
53. What indicates that the JetFlash is successfully connected to your computer?
A. The JetFlash ‘s LED will light up.
B. The computer is restarted automatically.
C. The computer is removing the data to the JetFlash .
D. The Auto Log In of the JetFlash is running.
E. The Jetflash’s LED will turn off.
54. In addition, a Removable Hardware icon and an icon Quick Menu (provided you setup JetFlash elite) will appear in the Windows System Tray.”
The sentence implies …
A. If the icons do not appear, you must reinstall the JetFlash elite.
B. If the icons do not appear, you must check your hardware configuration.
C. In some computers with different operating systems, the icons may not appear.
D. You must install the icons so that the icons may appear in the Windows System Tray.
E. The system has removable hardware icon and an icon quick menu.
55. “In addition, a Removable Hardware icon and an icon QuickMenu (provided you setup JetFlash elite) will appear in the Windows System Tray.”
The word 'icon' in the sentence is similar in meaning to ....
The following text is for questions number 56
Small saucer/something to cover the CD hole
First, place the CD in a metal bowl and heat it with a hair dryer. Or put it in the oven
on low heat. Then, bend the CD softly when it softens. After that, let it cool off.
Finally, glue a small plastic saucer or anything to cover the hole.
(Adapted from: www.make-stuff.com)
56. What is the hair dryer for?
A. To place the CD
B. To bend the CD
C. To cool off the CD
D. To heat the CD
E. To stick the CD
The following text is for questions number 57 to 58
Tie Dyeing Old T-shirt
Things you need:
Old cotton T-shirt
Large thread or rubber band
Wash the cotton T-shirt.
Place the wet shirt flat on the work surface.
Tie knots in the T-shirt, or twist it and secure the folds with rubber bands or heavy-duty thread.
Mix 1/2 c. liquid dye (or 1 package powdered dye) in 1 qt. hot water. Dissolve 5 tbsp. table salt in the mixture.
Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
Put the entire shirt in the dye and let it soak for at least 20 minutes.
Rinse the shirt in cold water until the water runs clear.
Undo the knots and rinse the shirt again.
Hang the shirt to dry, under the sun.
(Adapted from: www.eHow.com)
57. How must we place the wet T-shirt?
A. inside out
B. upside down
58. Dissolve 5 tbsp. table salt in the mixture.
The underlined word means to make the table salt become ....
A. part of the mixture
B. more solid
E. dry up
The following text is for questions number 59 to 60
Old paper, magazines, or newspapers
First, shape wires into a rectangular shape.
Then, cover the wire frame with insect screens and sew it.
After that, rip the paper into small pieces.
And then, put the torn paper in a bucket and fill it with warm water.
Add one table spoon of bleach.
Soak the paper for a half an hour.
Next, put a cup of soaked paper in a blender, add some bleached water and blend it.
And then, pour the blended paper in a large rectangular container. e.g. sink or tray.
After that, repeat step 5 and 6 until all of the soaked paper are blended.
Then, add and mix two table spoon of white glue to the blended paper.
After that, dip the screen frame into the blended paper. Lift and rinse the water for a minute.
Then, dry the paper (with the screen frame still on) in the sun. And then, peel the papers out of the frame screens when it’s dry.
Finally, iron the paper.
(Soutce: BSE, adapted from: www.make-stuff.com.recycling.paper.html)
59. What do you learn from the text?
A. How to shapes wires
B. How to rip paper into small pieces
C. How to recycle paper
D. How to bleach paper
E. How to reuse the paper
60. Soak the paper for a half an hour.
What does the underlined word mewan?
A. to make something completely wet
B. to make something completely dry
C. to put something quickly into liquid and take it out again
D. to tear something often suddenly or violently
E. to make something completely torn
The following text is for questions number 61 to 62
Glue a small object to the inside of the lid - a plastic figurine, f, etc. Add glitter, beads, or foil confetti, etc. Fill the jar with equal parts water and corn syrup, add food colouring if desired. Seal the lid onto the jar using a watertight sealant (the kind used for aquariums, or the stuff found in the plumbing section of your hardware store). Put a bead of sealant on the threads of the jar and on the inside threads of the lid. Close it up, leave overnight to dry.
(source: BSE-taken from: www.make-stuff.com)
61. Which of the following is not needed to make Snow Globes?
62. Why do you have to leave it over night?
A. to cool off
B. to blend
C. to heat
D. to dry
E. to wet
Download di Aplikasi Lebih Mudah
Rapi dan Siap Cetak, Klik Disini untuk Download Aplikasi
Modul untuk Bimbel / Materi Belajar Sekolah TK SD SMP SMA lebih lengkap dan lebih mudah di Aplikasi Produk Aqila Klik Disini untuk Download