Daftar Link Bahasa Inggris SMA
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 56
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 55
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 54
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 53
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 52
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 51
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 50
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 49
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 48
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 47
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 46
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 45
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 44
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 43
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 42
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 41
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 40
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 39
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 38
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 37
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 36
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 35
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 34
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 33
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 32
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 31
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 30
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 29
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 28
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 27
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 26
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 25
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 24
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 23
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 22
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 20
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 19
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 18
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 17
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 16
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 15
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 14
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 13
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 12
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 11
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 10
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 9
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 8
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 7
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 6
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 5
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 4
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 3
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 2
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 1
- THE LEGEND OF TANDUK ALAM - Cerita Rakyat dalam Ba...
- THE GOLDEN SNAIL - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE EAGLE-QUEEN - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE CRYING STONE - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE BUGGY CART - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Inggris
- TELAGA WARNA - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Inggris
- NASREDDIN - A MAN WITH THOUSANDS OF IDEAS - Cerit...
- AFFANDI THE GREAT ARTIST - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Ba...
- A MINANGKABAU BOY - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Ing...
- 2000++ Kata-kata Bahasa Inggris yang sering digunakan
Download di Aplikasi Lebih Mudah
Rapi dan Siap Cetak, Klik Disini untuk Download Aplikasi
Modul untuk Bimbel / Materi Belajar Sekolah TK SD SMP SMA lebih lengkap dan lebih mudah di Aplikasi Produk Aqila Klik Disini untuk Download
In this part of the test, you have to choose the best answer to each question from the alternatives given.
What you should know about clothing
Each person has a different style of dressing. A proverb says that fashion reflects personality. It means that a person's personality style can be seen from his/her clothing. A person who is neatly dressed reflects that he/she has an attractive personality. On the contrary, an untidy person indicates that he does not care about himself. Everybody wants other people to admire their appearance.
We all know that clothing is very important. The following are the functions of clothing:
1. To protect our body from heat, cold, and bad weather.
2. To protect it from diseases.
3. To be aesthetic, so we look more polite.
4. To show our personality.
16. The passage tells that ....
A. People do not dress differently.
B. People need other people's admiration.
C. The way people dress shows their personality.
D. People who dress neatly are always attractive.
E. People only admire those who dress neatly.
17. "A proverb says that fashion reflects personality."
The underlined word means ....
Probably the best known volcano in Indonesia, or in the whole world for that matter, is Mount Krakatau. It erupted violently in 1883. What caused it to erupt? Or, more generally, what causes volcanoes to erupt? In order to know the answer, it is necessary for us to know what a volcano is. In Indonesian we call it "gunung berapi", or "gunung api" for short. The question is where the heat and fire come from. According to geologists, deep beneath the ground there are chambers which contain molten rock. Because of high pressure, the molten rock forces up the passage which connects the chamber and the opening in the crust of the earth. This molten rock flows out of the opening ,as lava (magma), and along with it ashes and gases are emitted. Eventually the lava cools off and becomes solid rock. Sometimes the solid rock blocks the opening and eruption stops. However, if high pressure builds up in the chamber, the blockage may re-open and the volcano erupts once more.
Very often a volcanic explosion, like the 1883 explosion of Mount Krakatau, causes a great deal of human suffering. That is why people often associate volcanoes with disasters. That is not wholly correct, of course, since there are also some good things. Firstly, volcanoes, like mountains in general, cause clouds to rise and then cool off from rain. Secondly, the materials thrown up by volcanoes contain minerals needed by, plants. After many years the volcanic materials make the soil fertile.
Not all volcanoes are found on land, however. Many of them are found under the sea. These are called submarine volcanoes. Whether land or submarine volcanoes, they usually have one thing in common, they are cone-shaped.
18. The text tells us about ....
A. the eruption
B. the volcanoes
C. the volcanic eruption
D. the submarine volcanoes
E. the cause of the eruption
19. The second paragraph mainly discusses about ....
A. the explosion of Mount Krakatau
B. the common similarities of volcanoes
C. the disadvantages of volcanic eruptions
D. the advantages of submarine volcanoes
E. the disadvantages and advantages of volcanoes
20. The volcanic eruptions which cause a great deal of suffering are regarded as ....
D. molten rock
21. "That is why people often associate volcanoes with disasters." (Paragraph 2)
Associate with also means ....
The famous Buddhist temple of Borobudur in Magelang, Central Java, needs a complete restoration that focuses not only on physical development but, mainly, on cultural, economic and environmental factors, according to a UN official.
United Nations Education, Science and Cultural Orga¬nization (UNESCO) Director General Koichiro Matsuura said that entering the second phase of the temple restoration, all related government agencies should give adequate attention to all factors to help preserving the world heritage site.
"We should focus not only on the temple's physical development but also on many other factors to benefit everyone worldwide. The temple has not only archeo¬logical and historical value but, mainly, religious, economic and environmental ones and the people here need to give adequate attention to help preserving it," he said in the opening ceremony of the fourth international experts' meeting near the temple compound over the weekend.
22. The main idea of the second paragraph is………………
A. Borobudur needs help from UNESCO.
B. UNESCO is responsible for Borobudur.
C. Borobudur needs more attention to preserve it.
D. The Director General of UNESCO is Koichiro Matsuura.
E. UNESCO stands for United Nations Education, Science and Cultural Organization.
23. Which statement is TRUE according to the text?
A. The restoration of Borobudur focuses on physical development.
B. Borobudur needs restoration because of the Buddhist.
C. The restoration of Borobudur is to benefit everyone worldwide.
D. It's the people near Borobudur who should preserve the temple.
E. The opening ceremony of experts' meeting was held outside the temple.
24. Who attended the international meeting? They were .... people.
25. Which of the followings is NOT TRUE about Borobudur?
A. It is situated in Magelang.
B. It needs a complete restoration.
C. The government agencies should help preserving the world heritage.
D. The temple has archeological and historical value.
E. The focus of the restoration is on the physical development.
Uday and Qusay are killed and the delighted British and American governments suggest that Iraq will be a safer place. Yes, the Iraqis may well feel safer. And with the dictator's brutal sons out of the way forever-more are Iraqis confident about continuing the resistance against the American occupiers.
Shortly before their deaths were announced, Richard Gephardt, Democrat presidential, delivered a blistering attack on Bush's foreign policy which was driven, he said, by "machismo" and "arrogant unilateralism". Bush, he continued, had treated U.S. allies "like so many flies on America's windshield". He added: "Foreign policy isn't a John Wayne movie."
The attack on the villa where Saddam's sons were hiding might be seen as driving home the point. Instead, the announcement that they had been killed by the U.S. troops in a shoot-out is welcomed by Tony Blair as "great news".
26. The text mainly discusses about ....
A. Uday and Qusay who killed U.S. troops
B. Uday and Qusay who were killed by U.S. troops
C. Richard Gephardt who attacked Bush's domestic policy
D. the attack on the villa where Saddam Husein was hiding
E. Tony Blair who is welcomed by Saddam's sons, Uday and Qusay
27. The main idea of paragraph 3 is that .....................
A. U.S. troops killed Saddam in the attack on the villa.
B. Uday and Qusay had killed U.S. troops and Tony Blair.
C. Tony Blair attacked the villa where Saddam's sons were hiding.
D. Saddam was killed by Tony Blair and U.S. in Saddam's sons' villa.
E. The announcement of Saddam's sons' death is wel¬comed by Tony Blair.
28. Which statement is correct according to the text?
A. John Wayne movie was presented to Bush arrogantly.
B. Tony Blair received the "great news" of Bush and Gephardt' s death.
C. John Wayne was a movie star who attacked the villa of Saddam's sons.
D. Richard Gephardt attacked Bush's foreign policy after Uday and Qusay's death.
E. The news of Uday and Qusay's death made the British and American government pleased.
29. "The attack on the villa where Saddam's sons were hiding might be seen as driving home the point." (Paragraph 3)
The word attack has similar meaning to ……………....
30. "... had killed Uday and Qusay."
A. The Iraqis
B. Tony Blair
C. U.S. troops
D. John Wayne
E. Richard Gephardt
This text is for questions 16 to 18.
One thousand years ago, in the desert of the Chaco Canyon, the Anasazi people built a nine multi-storey building called "Great House ". They used stone for the walls and wood for the floors, doors and roofs. They trans¬ported more than 200,000 trees from the forests almost 80 kilometres away. How did they move the trees? We don't know.
In some buildings there are huge circular rooms called kivas—the biggest one is underground—and it is about 16 metres wide. Why did the Anasazi build circular rooms? We don't know. Perhaps they used them for religious cere¬monies or for storing crops. We only know that the Anasazi people abandoned their Great Houses. Why did they leave? Hunger? War? We really don't know.
31. What does the text describe?
A. The buildings in the desert.
B. The desert of Chaco Canyon.
C. Kivas the biggest circular rooms.
D. Reasons of building7circular rooms.
E. Great Houses in the desert of Chaco Canyon.
32. Which of the following is TRUE about Kivas?
A. They were used for religious ceremonies.
B. They used imported stones and wood.
C. They were huge circular rooms.
D. They were used for storing crops.
E. They were built underground.
33. "We know the Anasazi people abandoned the Great Houses." (Paragraph 2)
The underlined word has the closest meaning to ....
34. Rearrange these jumbled sentences/phrases to make a meaningful paragraph.
1. The following year, he started teaching deaf people.
2. He was born in Edinburgh, on March 3,1847.
3. It is one of the important devices that has helped building modem life.
4. At the age of 23, Alexander moved to Canada with his family.
5. Alexander Graham Bell is famous for his invention.
6. Teaching deaf people was the Bell family's profession.
7. Bell was educated at Edinburgh high school and at the universities of Edinburg and London.
8. His father and grandfather had also taught deaf people in Scotland.
The right arrangement is ....
A. 2 – 7 – 4 – 6 – 8 – 1 – 3 – 5
B. 5 – 7 – 3 – 2 – 4 – 1 – 6 – 8
C. 3 – 2 – 5 – 7 – 1 – 4 – 8 – 6
D. 6 – 8 – 7 – 5 – 2 – 3 – 1 – 4
E. 5 – 3 – 2 – 7 – 4 – 1 – 6 – 8
35. The following paragraph is about the process of making batik.
To make a batik, first the design is outlined on the cloth in pencil or charcoal. The more complicated the design, the longer the process will be. Molten wax is then applied by means of a small pipe like pen called "canting" ....
1. The wax is then removed, and then the process is repeated with a different-coloured dye.
2. The "canting" is used to draw the pattern on cloth.
3. When everything is finished, the batik is ready to be displayed and sold.
4. The materials are then dipped in dye, and in the areas where wax has been applied, the colour does not penetrate.
5. This apparatus is a Javanese invention.
6. It consists of a bamboo holder, a brass container which tapers to a fine head.
The right arrangement of the sentences above to complete the paragraph is ....
A. 2 – 3 – 6 – 1 – 4 – 5
B. 5 – 6 – 4 -3 – 2 – 1
C. 2 – 6 – 5 – 4 – 1 – 3
D. 3 – 5 – 4 – 2 – 1 – 3
E. 6 – 2 – 1 – 4 – 3 – 2
36. Jack Paul, I'd like you to meet
Paul Hi. ……………....
Luke Hello. Nice to meet you
A. What is your name?
B. It is very nice here?
C. Do you know me?
D. Nice to meet you.
E. Where do you come from?
37. Mother : Clean your room, Siska!
Siska : Yes, mom.
Vinda : What did your mother
tell you, Siska?
Siska : She told me………..
A. clean my room
B. to clean my room
C. to clean your room
D. cleaned my room
E. clean your room
38. X : Have you met the man whose car
Y : Yes. He .... his car when I came to
B. was repairing
C. is repairing
D. is going to repair
E. has been repairing
39. Al : Why did you come to the teacher's office just now?
Bob : The teacher was angry with me because he saw me cheating in the test.
Al : Oh, you shouldn't have done it. You should study harder for the test.
The underlined expression expresses…………….
40. Mrs. Tony: I have two sons and three daughters. They have already graduated from university. One of my sons is in Germany and all my daughters are in Canada to further their careers.
Mrs. Akbar: You're really a successful mother.
From the underlined words we can conclude that Mrs. Tony seems .... of her sons and daughters.
41. Susan : Pam, I've got good news for you. Peter, the crazy guy, has got the sales manager job.
Pam : What?
What does Pam expression mean?
A. A question
B. A boredom
C. A disappointment
D. A pleasure
E. A surprise
42. X Did you see Jim?
Y Yes, he is in his room.
He .... since I came here.
B. is reading
C. was reading
D. has been reading
E. has to read,
43. Tidi Well, Ferdi, do you think
Fred No, definitely not. I thought the paper was terrible. I haven't got a hope of getting through.
The underlined part of the dialogue expresses ....
44. Shane Will, will you help me type
Will OK, but can I do it at
Shane Of course, but I must
submit it to my teacher
Will Don't worry, I... it by then.
A. will finish
B. am finishing
C. will have finished
D. have finished
E. had finished
45. Indra How did you get here? I
don't see your car.
Ardi By bus. I am having it
The underlined sentence means that ....
A. Ardi repairs the car
B. Ardi has repaired his car
C. the car is being repaired by someone
D. someone has asked Ardi to repair the car
E. someone has the car repaired by Ardi
46. Manager : What did she want?
Staff : She wished I had received her application.
From the underlined sentences we learn that ....
A. the staff did not receive the application
B. the manager asked the staff to receive the application
C. the applicant did not apply for the job
D. the staff will receive the application
E. the manager refused to receive the application
47. A Thank you very much for your information. It's very useful for me.
B If you need to consult me again, you can contact me at this number.
A Thanks. See you later.
The underlined sentence means that A ....
A. doesn't need to consult B again
B. may contact B for consultation
C. didn't contact B because A didn't contact B
D. doesn't contact B so A doesn't consult B
E. won't contact B at this number
48. Ben The irresponsible people keep
on cutting down the trees of
the forestry reserve.
Ian I think the government ……. have applied and enforced the laws and
regulations more seriously by punishing them.
A. Will E. should
49. Brushing the hair increases the supply of ……... to the scalp.
50. New research suggests that men and women should consider ... cigarettes with carrots, which are rich with beta carotene.