Daftar Link Bahasa Inggris SMA
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 56
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 55
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 54
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 53
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 52
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 51
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 50
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 49
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 48
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 47
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 46
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 45
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 44
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 43
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 42
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 41
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 40
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 39
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 38
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 37
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 36
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 35
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 34
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 33
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 32
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 31
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 30
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 29
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 28
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 27
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 26
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 25
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 24
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 23
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 22
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 20
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 19
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 18
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 17
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 16
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 15
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 14
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 13
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 12
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 11
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 10
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 9
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 8
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 7
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 6
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 5
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 4
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 3
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 2
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 1
- THE LEGEND OF TANDUK ALAM - Cerita Rakyat dalam Ba...
- THE GOLDEN SNAIL - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE EAGLE-QUEEN - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE CRYING STONE - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE BUGGY CART - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Inggris
- TELAGA WARNA - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Inggris
- NASREDDIN - A MAN WITH THOUSANDS OF IDEAS - Cerit...
- AFFANDI THE GREAT ARTIST - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Ba...
- A MINANGKABAU BOY - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Ing...
- 2000++ Kata-kata Bahasa Inggris yang sering digunakan
Download di Aplikasi Lebih Mudah
Rapi dan Siap Cetak, Klik Disini untuk Download Aplikasi
Modul untuk Bimbel / Materi Belajar Sekolah TK SD SMP SMA lebih lengkap dan lebih mudah di Aplikasi Produk Aqila Klik Disini untuk Download
21. Text 1.
This text is for question 21.
X : Where are the children?
Y : Oh, I left them at the shore.
X : What? You shouldn't have left them there without being watched. Go and bring them back to the hotel. Tell them to have their lunch and stay in the room.
Where are the children likely enjoying themselves now?
A. At sea.
B. At the beach.
C. Ina forest.
D. At a mountain resort.
E. Near a lake.
This text is for question 22.
Rama : What do you plan to do this coming Saturday, Shita?
Shinta : I have nothing to do. Why?
Rama : Would you come to my birthday party?
Shinta : Sure, what time will the party start?
What is Shinta going to do on Saturday?
A. To go with Rama.
B. To prepare the party.
C. To celebrate her birthday.
D. To make a plan for the weekend.
E. To come to Rama's birthday party.
The advertisement promotes ....
A. a golf resort
B. a new hotel
C. a beautiful country-side
D. the beauty of Bali
E. the beauty of nature
24. The cheapest room is ... per night. .
The underlined word is close in meaning to ....
A. piece of land
This text is for questions 26 to 28.
The Princess and the Pea
Once upon a time there was a Prince; he wanted to get himself a Princess, but she had to be a real Princess. So he travelled all over the world to find one, but in every case something was the matter. There were lots of Princesses, but he could never quite make out whether they were real or not. So he came back home feeling very unhappy.
One evening a terrible storm came. Lightning flashed, thunder rolled, and the rain poured down in torrents. It was simply awful! Suddenly there was a knock at the city gate, and the old King went out to answer it.
There was a Princess standing outside, but what a sight' the rain and the bad weather had made of her! The water streamed down her hair and her clothes, and yet she said she was a real Princess.
"It won't take a long to find that out," thought the old Queen. Without saying anything, she went into the bed chamber, took off all the bedclothes, and placed one pea on the bottom boards of the bed. Then she took twenty mattresses and put them on top of the pea, and after that she put twenty feather-pillow on top of the mattresses.
That was where the Princess was to spend the night.
In the morning they asked her how she had slept. "Oh, dreadfully!" said the Princess. "I hardly slept a wink all night. Whatever could have been in the bed? I was lying on something so hard that I'm black and blue all over."
So of course they could see that she was a real Princess, since she had felt the pea through the twenty mattresses and the twenty feather-pillows. No one but a real Princess could have such tender skin as that.
So the Prince took her for his wife, and they lived happily ever after.
26. From the story we can conclude that the princess ....
A. was smart.
B. was kind-hearted.
C. had delicate skin.
D. had a cunning trick.
E. was beautiful.
27. Which paragraph describes the awful look of the Princess when the King and Queen saw her for the first time?
28. "I hardly slept a wink all night." (paragraph 6).
The sentence shows that the princess ....
A. slept on a hard mattress.
B. fell asleep immediately
C. could sleep all night
D. could sleep soundly
E. did not get much sleep
This text is for questions 29 – 32.
Facsimile, often called fax, is a way of transmitting texts and pictures over telephone lines. News services often use facsimile to send news, stories, and photographs to news¬paper and television stations. Banks, law firms, and other businesses use facsimile to send copies of documents to clients and other organizations.
A device called a facsimile machine is used for trans¬mitting and receiving images. Facsimile machines resemble small photocopiers. However, they are equipped with a telephone or are connected to one. To send a document, the user inserts it into the machine and dials the telephone number of the receiving fax machine. After the connection is made, an electronic scanner on the transmitting machine moves across the page and converts the image into a set of electric signals. These signals travel over the telephone line to the receiving fax machine. That machine converts the electric signals back into an image of the original document and then prints a copy.
Some business people use small desktop fax machines or portable models at home or when they travel. A personal computer can also be used to send and receive documents if it is equipped with a special electronic circuit board called a fax board.
29. What is the main information in the second paragraph?
A. A facsimile machine is a small photocopier.
B. A facsimile machine is equipped with a telephone to transmit images.
C. A facsimile machine transmits and receives images.
D. A facsimile machine converts the electric signals back into an image
E. A facsimile machine sends documents to distant places.
30. What do you call the device in the facsimile machine that converts the image of the document into a set of electric signals?
A. A copier
B. A converter
C. A telephone
D. An electronic scanner
E. A transmitting machine
31. What do you need to enable your computer to send and receive documents like a fax?
A. A fax board.
B. A transmitter.
C. A signal converter.
D. An electronic circuit.
E. An electronic scanner.
32. "Facsimile, often called fax, is a way of transmitting texts and pictures over telephone lines." (Paragraph 1) The underlined word may be replaced by ....
A. sending D. translating
B. changing E. connecting
This text is for questions 32 to 35.
J.P. There was a bad accident on Sudirman street last night. A bus which was travelling south was hit by a large truck. Several people in the bus were killed, including the driver. The injured people were taken to the hospital. The driver of the truck was drunk. He was taken to the police station to be interrogated.
33. What happened on Jalan Sudirman last night?
A. A bus crash.
B. B A truck crash.
C. A terrible accident.
D. A dead drunken driver.
E. A fight between two drivers.
34. The accident happened because ....
A. the driver of the truck was drunk
B. the driver of the truck ran away
C. the driver of the bus was killed
D. the driver of the bus escaped
E. the driver of bus was ill
35. "The injured people were taken to the hospital."
The word injured is similar to ....
A. killed D. damaged
B. blooded E. destroyed
36 From whom did the police get the information about the accident?
B. The driver of the bus.
C. The driver of the truck.
D. The passengers of the bus.
E. Both the bus driver and the truck driver.
This text is for questions 36 to 39.
Forests are very important for their products, They are also important to keep the soil fertile and to prevent flood. The fallen leaves and decayed plants become humus which makes the soil rich and holds the rainwater.
For many years, people have not been obeying the government's regulations. They have been cutting down the forest trees carelessly. As a result, thousands of hectares of land has become worse and the rivers will be full of mud. In the wet season there will be erosion and floods which will destroy the farm lands and villages.
37. What is the main idea of the second paragraph?
A. Rivers are full of mud,
B. Land becomes infertile.
C. Floods destroy villages.
D. Erosions have caused floods.
E. Deforestation has caused a lot of destruction.
38. The following statements are the advantages of forests mentioned in the text, EXCEPT ....
A. They keep the soil fertile.
B. They prevent flood.
C. They produce humus.
D. They hold rainwater.
E. They produce fresh air.
39. Humus is made from ....
B. brown leaves.
C. the root of a tree.
D. a kind of artificial fertilizer.
E. decayed plants and leaves.
40. "They are also very important to keep the soil fertile and to prevent flood." (Paragraph 1)
The underlined word is synonymous to …………......
A. cause D. change
B. move E. produce
This text is for questions 40 to 43.
All planes need air pressure under their wings to stay up in the air. As they move forward, the higher air pressure under-neath their wings pushes them upward and gives them lift.
The smooth, streamlined shape of the plane allows the air to flow easily over its surface. This helps to reduce the drag caused by the air pushing against the plane and allows it to move rapidly through the air.
Planes move forward using engines. This movement is called thrust. Moving forward keeps a stream of moving air passing over the wings. If the engines fail, the plane will begin to descend very quickly.
The air above the wing moves faster, so it is at a lower pressure than the air under the wing.
The air under the wing moves more slowly and is slightly squashed, so it is at a higher pressure than the air above the wing.
41. What does the text describe?
A. How the wings of a plane work.
B. How the plane moves forward.
C. How the plane is made.
D. The engine of a plane.
E. How a plane flies.
42. The planes stay up in the air when ....
A. a stream of moving air passes over their wings
B. there is air pressure under their wings
C. the wings move forward
D. the engines move faster
E. the engines fail
43. "This helps to reduce the drag caused by the air pushing against the plane and allows it to move rapidly through the air." (Paragraph 2)
The underlined word can be replaced by …………………....
A. slowly D. gradually
B. quickly E. immediately
44. What is the use of air pressure under the plane's wings?
A. To go down.
B. To keep moving.
C. To squash the wings.
D. To stay up in the air.
E. To reduce their weights.
This text is for questions 44 to 47.
"Should we have printed advertisements?" There are many reasons for people to answer this question. Many people have strong views and feel that ads are nothing more than useless junk mail, while other people feel it is an important source of information.
Here are some reasons why we should have advertisements in newspapers and magazines. One reason is ads give us information about what is available. Looking at ads we can find out what is on sale and what is new in the market. This is an easy way of shopping. Another reason is that advertise¬ments promote business. When shopkeepers compete against each other, they try to sell their goods as cheap as possible or attract buyers by offering discount. In this case, buyers get the beneficial effects of this competition. They save their money.
On the other hand, some people argue that ads should not be put in newspapers and magazines. Firstly, ads cost the shopkeepers a lot of money to print into paper. Besides, some people don't like finding junk mail in their letter boxes. People may also find that ads are not very interesting. Ads also influence people to buy items they don't need and can't really afford. Ads use up a lot of space and a lot of effort has to be made to make the ads eye-catching.
45. The text mainly discusses ....
A. reasons for printed advertisement
B. strong views on printed advertisement
C. advertisement considered as junk mail
D. advertisement as an important source of information
E. whether printed advertisement is important or not
46. Why do some people agree that advertisement should be printed?
A. It is easier to find advertisement in a newspaper.
B. It can give information what is on sale.
C. It can influence people to buy things.
D. It might cost a lot of money.
E. It is an interesting issue.
47. Which of the following is a reason why ads are important to consumers?
A. Ads are only junk mail.
B. Ads cost a lot of money.
C. Ads make things more expensive.
D. Ads make people buy things they don't need.
E. Ads help consumers to know what things are on sale.
48. "Ads also influence people to buy items " (Paragraph 3). The underlined word is similar to …………......
A. let D. affect
B. have E. improve
This text is for questions 47 to 50.
Divorce dominates civil cases being tried at the Tondano District Court in Minahasa, where divorce rates are high.
"The divorce rate in Minahasa is no doubt high compared to other areas and it is a matter of great concern," said head of the Tondano District Court, Abraham Leatemia, in Tondano on Friday.
"Divorce dominated the civil cases tried at the court over the past year," he said.
Although he did not cite any figures, Abraham estimated that around 60 to 70 percent of the civil cases were divorce cases.
When asked about the reasons, he said general reasons were irreconcilable differences. "... but generally the wife or husband was having an extramarital affair," he said.
49. What does the text inform?
A. The high rate of divorce in Tondano.
B. Crime dominating the civil cases.
C. The reason of divorce cases in Tondano.
D. The percentage of divorce civil cases.
E. Civil cases in the District Court.
50. Which one is NOT TRUE according to the text?
A. Around 60 to 70 percent of marriage can be saved.
B. Most of the divorce problem is extramarital affair.
C. Divorce dominates civil cases at Tondano District Court.
D. The divorce problem becomes a serious attention of the authority.
E. Compared to other areas, the divorce rate in Minahasa is the highest.