Daftar Link Bahasa Inggris SMA
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 56
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 55
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 54
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 53
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 52
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 51
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 50
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 49
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 48
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 47
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 46
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 45
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 44
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 43
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 42
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 41
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 40
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 39
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 38
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 37
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 36
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 35
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 34
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 33
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 32
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 31
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 30
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 29
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 28
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 27
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 26
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 25
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 24
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 23
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 22
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 20
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 19
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 18
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 17
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 16
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 15
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 14
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 13
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 12
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 11
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 10
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 9
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 8
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 7
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 6
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 5
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 4
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 3
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 2
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 1
- THE LEGEND OF TANDUK ALAM - Cerita Rakyat dalam Ba...
- THE GOLDEN SNAIL - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE EAGLE-QUEEN - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE CRYING STONE - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE BUGGY CART - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Inggris
- TELAGA WARNA - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Inggris
- NASREDDIN - A MAN WITH THOUSANDS OF IDEAS - Cerit...
- AFFANDI THE GREAT ARTIST - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Ba...
- A MINANGKABAU BOY - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Ing...
- 2000++ Kata-kata Bahasa Inggris yang sering digunakan
Download di Aplikasi Lebih Mudah
Rapi dan Siap Cetak, Klik Disini untuk Download Aplikasi
Modul untuk Bimbel / Materi Belajar Sekolah TK SD SMP SMA lebih lengkap dan lebih mudah di Aplikasi Produk Aqila Klik Disini untuk Download
Sanitation at Home
A home is a place where people cook, eat sleep and look after their children. It protects people from harsh weather – cold, rain, wind, the burning rays of the sun-as well as from insects, animals and other dangers, so a home is a very important place for people to live.
Sanitation at home is important. People can do a lot about improving some of their living conditions in which they live. They should refrigerate food properly or store it carefully to keep it away from bacteria, and they should not leave food lying around because it may attract insects and rats. To Avoid these pests, proper care of garbage is also very important.
Careful housekeeping is extremely important to sanitation and food health. People should keep all parts of the house neat and clean by sweeping and mopping them, such as bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. They should tidy up the bedroom, scrub bathroom and kitchen often, and use disinfectants freely. Sanitary condition of a house protects people from germs but health problems not caused by germs are a growing challenge in the field of sanitation today.
1. The author is primarily concerned with describing …
a. the importance of having a good home
b. how people should keep their house tidy
c. the ways people should obey to have good sanitation
d. the danger of leaving their meal open
e. the diseases derive from garbage
2. According to the author …
a. house is the most important thing to have
b. people should store their meal in refrigerator
c. people should be aware of getting bad environment
d. flies, rats, ants and many other insects need our protection
e. keeping the environment healthy is the most important thing to do
3. Which one of the words below has similar meaning to sanitary ?
a. dirty d. soiled
b. waste e. health
4. The word it paragraph 1, sentence 2 refers to …
a. a home d. weather
b. child e. wind
c. a place
Healthy Water and Its Problem
Water is very precious to people. They use it in almost activities they do. Primarily, they use water for domestic purposes such as drinking, food preparation, bathing cleaning, and watering plants. Secondarily, water is used for industrial processes, commercial protect. Realizing how important water is for drinking and food preparation. Clean water which is free from disease-causing bacteria should always be available. Boiling water is the traditional way to get healthy drinking water. Clean and healthy water is also necessary for bathing and cleaning; fish and plants need water which is free from pollution.
As the population of the world increases, people are now facing a serious problem of water pollution, especially in big cities. The growth of population does not cope with the development of housing facility. Consequently, too many people live in one area, and environmental cleanliness cannot be controlled very well. People’s activities are chemical substances that affect the natural condition of water of its intended use. Organic wastes from homes and industries contaminate the water. As the result, waterways like rivers, lakes, and even oceans are subjected to pollution. This polluted water is harmful to living things that consume it. Plants cannot grow well and do not yield good quality fruit. Fish do not grow and breed properly. This in turn, will affect the health of people who consume them
Water pollution is really a problem for all people. They however cannot overcome this individually. They need to cooperate as responsible citizens. They should not throw away domestic wastes everywhere. They must not dump harmful substances into the rivers. Industries must realize the importance of recycling rubbish. And above all, they should not let the chemical waste get into the rivers or other public waterways.
5. The following are the primary uses of water except …
a. preparation of food
b. swimming –pools
6. Water is very precious because …
a. it is not available everywhere
b. we cannot use it everyday
c. we use it in almost all activities
d. it is hard to get
e. we can use it to wash
7. We realize how important water is, so we have to …
a. find more water
b. boil the water
c. use as little water as possible
d. explore the earth for more water
e. keep water usable at all times
8. What do fish and plants need ? They need …
a. uncontaminated water
b. a large quantity of water
c. clean and healthy water
d. water from rivers
e. waste water
9. Why do big cities have serious water problems? Because …
a. water is difficult to find
b. they need too much water
c. water is needed there
d. too many people live in one area
e. of the development of housing facilities
10. We need … for bathing and cleaning.
a. a warm water
b. a lot of water
c. clean and healthy
d. water from natural sources
e. contaminated water
11. Plants cannot grow well and do not yield good quality fruit (par.2)
The word “yield” means …
12. The primary cause of water pollution is …
a. animal waste
b. people’s activities
c. harmful plants
d. contaminated waste
e. the natural condition of water
13. Polluted water is very dangerous to ….
b. all living things
d. the people
It is important to know how people in Jakarta satisfy the need of clean water. They use ground water, the governmental water supply or PAM ( Perusahaan Air Minum ) and public hydrants. The number of the population in Jakarta is 8,5 million, but only 41% of them have accessed to clean water from PAM, while the rest still depend on ground water. The shallow ground water is used in hotels, offices, factories, and areas of residences. There won’t be any problem if they do not use the water more than the resource’s capacity.
Man is granted a large amount of colourless liquid called water. Life will not exist without water. There are a lot of domestic purposes as drinking, preparation of food and beverages, bathing, cleansing, and watering the lawns and gardens and secondarily in industrial processes, commercial products disposal of wastes in sewers, fire fighting, street sprinkling, swimming pools, and public fountains. For most of the purposes above the quality of water must be good.
There are a lot of sources of water supply such as underground and surface water. Ground water resources are near at hand and systems are cheap to install, i. e by setting a pump or digging a well. The surface water is obtained from large lake or river nearby, consequently it will be very expensive to get the water because the supply depends on the amount of water in large reservoirs, from which long pipes are needed to pump the water into the houses. Ground water is generally clear, cold, cold, colourless, and cleaner than surface water in some regions.
In order to have clean water supplies people should conserve the water. It can be conserved in many ways, including measurement and recording of all-purpose water consumption, holding flood water in o0versize reservoirs, desalting seawater and guard of ground water against the intrusion of seawater, and reducing evaporations in reservoirs using large ground water reservoir more extensively.
14. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the text ? …
a. Deep ground water is used in houses.
b. Water is primarily used for fire fighting.
c. Ground water is generally smelly and gummy
d. The quality of water may be good for the most purposes.
e. People should conserve water to get enough clean water supply.
15. The main idea of paragraph 2 is …
a. We use water for domestic use
b. Life will not exist without water
c. The people in Jakarta use ground water.
d. There are a lot of sources of water supply
e. The surface water is obtained from large lake or river nearby.
16. The text tells us about …
a. clean water
b. ground water
c. the use of water
d. sources of water
e. the governmental water supply (PAM)
17. … people should conserve the water (par.3). The underlined word means …
d. keep away
e. keep from lost or destruction
18. Which of the following statements is NOT TRUE according to the text?
a. The quality of water must be good
b. We use water for domestic purpose
c. The surface water is obtained from the lakes
d. Swimming-pool, public fountain belong to primarily use of water.
e. People in Jakarta use ground water, PAM, and public hydrant primarily.
A woman and her two children could not stop sneezing as heaps of kapok floated in the air around them. Even the afternoon downpour did not dampen their working spirit. With the silky fibers or kapok flying all around them and setting onto their bodies, they kept stuffing kapok into a large cloth bag to make mattress.
Rasni 40 is one of the woman working in a mattress-making centre in Wanakerta mattress in Bajanegara village of Purbalingga district. Almost all of the women in Wanakerta, which has population of some 350 families or about 1,200 people, works as mattress-makers.
Since 1978 Wanakerta residents have been making mattresses in a very traditional way. To make one mattress they need stuffing, mattress cloth and thread. There are two kinds of stuffing with which they are familiar : kapok and fibrous yarn called benglon which is made from textile factory waste. The products have a good market not only in Purbalingga but also in other urban centers like Surakarta, Tasikmalaya, and Jakarta.
The mattress-making business in Wanakerta was pioneered by Mahwari, 50, and the late Rasmadi. Before trying their hands at mattress-making, they sold agricultural products in a number of areas in Java. When they were in a textile mill in Bandung, West Java they saw heaps of textile waste, the kapoklike polyester benglon fibers.
The process of making a mattress in a traditional way is simple. “Before it is put into a cloth bag, the kapok or benglon must be first put in the sunlight so that it will expand, “said Rasni.
Then it is put into a cloth bag of mattress size. The bag is sewn up with mattress thread. “When the mattress is ready, it will be again put in the sunlight so that it will expand further, “she added.
To make a single mattress, nine metres of mattress cloth, 20 kg of kapok or 25 kg of benglon and two rolls of thread, are needed. One mattress is sold at an average price of Rp. 90,000,-
The mattress-makers handle heaps of kapok and benglon every do not wear protective masks, leaving them vulnerable to health problem. The biggest risk they is when unpack the stuffing, put it in the sunlight and fill the mattress bag.
19. what is the text about ?
a. The price of mattress
b. The process of making mattress
c. The Wanakerta residents
d. The mattress business in Wanakerta
e. The pioneer of making mattress in Wanakerta
20. The main idea of paragraph 2 is …
a. Making mattress has been started since 1978
b. It is simple to make a mattress in a traditional way
c. There are two kinds of stuffing in making mattress
d. Wanakerta hamlet is a mattress-making center
e. The products have a good market.
21. Which statements is NOT TRUE according to the text ?
a. Wanakerta is located in Purbalingga district.
b. Wanakerta residents have been making mattress for about 25 years.
c. The stuffing of mattress consists of kapok and benglon.
d. The mattress makers highly care about their health problems.
e. The mattress will be sold in Surakarta, Tasikmalaya, and also Jakarta.
22. “It will be again put in the sunlight so that it will expand further “(par 5)
The underlined word means …
a. become large
b. become smaller
23. Why don’t the mattress-making wear protective masks ?
a. Because they know to keep healthy.
b. Because they are only women-workers.
c. Because they don’t know much about healthy problems.
d. Because they work with their children at home
e. Because the silky fibers of kapok flying all around them.
24. Mother : Please … We are running out of sugar and flour.
Tuti : Sure, mom.
a. Don’t go anyway
b. Go to the grocery
c. Clean up your room
d. Don’t make any noise
e. Meet your aunt, Susi
25. Deni : I haven’t seen Dody for a week. How has he been ?
Tony : Fine. I met him two days ago
Deni : Did he tell you something
Tony : Yes, he told me that …
a. I had to help my mom at home
b. He had to help my mom at home
c. He has to help his mom at home
d. He had to help his mom at home
e. I have to help his mom at home
26. Teacher : Where were you yesterday ?
Helmi : I beg your pardon, sir !
Tini : He asked you … the day before
a. where were you
b. where you were
c. where had you been
d. where you had been
e. where he had been
27. Toto : Where did you go last night? I telephoned you, but you weren’t at home.
Dian : Oh, when you called me up, I … the meeting the youth organization in my neighbourhood.
b. Will attend
c. Have attended
d. Am attending
e. Was attending
28. Aldi : Have you got the news that Rudi failed again in the English test at school?.
Hanif : It’s a pity …
a. He has to take the English course.
b. He doesn’t have to study harder
c. His parents must be proud of him
d. He is fond of English subject
e. It is strange that he is like that
29. Tuti : Hello Friends …
Dea : We hope that you feel comfortable in here.
a. Meet my friend, Hussein.
b. Let me introduce myself to you all
c. I would like to go abroad
d. It is not necessary for me to stay here.
e. You have to introduce yourself
30. Joko : Who is the man with a black jacket over there?
Fitri : Oh, he is my cousin, Amran
Joko : Sure
a. Allow me to introduce myself
b. How do you do
c. May I introduce Amran to you ?
d. I would like to introduce myself
e. What’s your name ?
31. Bagus : Eating too much instant bodies is not good for your health.
You should eat more nutritious food
Ida : Sure Gradually, I will change my habit.
The underlined sentence expresses ….
32. Tini : In order to commemorate our school universary, we have carried out English speech contest.
Lia : Ohm That is a splendid activity.
From the dialogue above we know that the English speech contest …
a. is still going on
b. has already finished
c. will take place in future
d. started at some times in the past
e. was happening at some time in the past
33. Fitri : I met Andi, our old friend when were the students of elementary school.
Amazingly, he can speak English fluently.
Yani : Andi. No wonder he can speak it well.
He … in England since 3 years ago.
c. Will live
d. Is living
e. Has been living
34. Doctor : Take this medicine …… want to get well soon
Patient : Thank you doctor.
The underlined sentence express
The sun is the nearest star to us. It is a giant Bali of gases. Many researches have been done to … (35) the sun and it is now kept under constant observation . temperatures within the sun reach millions of degrees. Scientists are working to find ways that the … (36) of the sun may be used to … (37) electricity. We know that we cannot live without it.
35. a. observe
36. a. space
37. a. prove
Women’s clothes, unlike men’s are every … (38). Wise woman do not buy extreme …(39) at any time, for they tire of them quickly and they know that if their “public” remembers the costume rather that the wearing, the costume is not a success. Woman should always … (40). Costumes that are flattering in both line and colour that cause people to say, “How attractive you look today, “rather than “What an exciting dress you are wearing.”
38. a. declining
39. a. kinds
40. a. choose
d. to choose
The light of the Milky Way is the combined light a billions of stars … (41) have discovered than there are quantities of gases and dust spread on among the stars of the Milky Way . Most of the gases are …(42) but gases of other chemical element are also found. The particles of the dust at extremely … (43). They may come from gases or they may here blown away from certain stars.
41. a. astrologers
42. a. hydrogent
43. a. tiny
44. The teachers should not only educate students, but also enforce discipline.
The underlined word means ….
b. Compel obedience to
c. Maximize the quality
45. Waste water or sewage is a menace to health because it usually contains panthogens and other substances that may contaminate food and drinking water.
c. danger or threat
46. She likes doing the …. Such as washing, cleaning, ironing, cooking, etc.
47. Mother usually reminds us to put on our …
before going to bed
48. Many residents in this area are suffering from diarrhoea and skin decease because of bad …
d. medical treatment
49. Sooner or later the flood will take place if the people still … the rubbish in the river.
a. pick up
b. throw away
c. escape from
d. put away
e. send away
50. One of the solutions to minimize the drop-outs by campaigning … program; especially for the poor.
a. education is for all
b. long-life education
c. student exchange
d. foster parents
e. family planning