Daftar Link Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 32
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 31
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 30
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 29
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 28
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 27
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 26
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 25
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 24
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 23
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 22
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 20
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 19
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 18
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 17
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 16
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 15
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 14
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 13
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 12
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 11
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 10
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 9
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 8
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 7
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 6
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 5
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 4
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 3
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 2
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 1
Download di Aplikasi Lebih Mudah
Rapi dan Siap Cetak, Klik Disini untuk Download Aplikasi
Modul untuk Bimbel / Materi Belajar Sekolah TK SD SMP SMA lebih lengkap dan lebih mudah di Aplikasi Produk Aqila Klik Disini untuk Download
Read the text to answer question 1
1. What does the notice mean?
A. Staff enter the museum from the front door.
B. Staff welcome visitors at this door.
C. Visitors can use this door.
D. Visitors must not use this door.
The following text is for questions 2 and 3.
2. Congratulation on your success
The word “your” refers to ....
3. This text is written in order to … .
A. announce people the best photographer
B. invite people to come to JJ Daily Post
C. inform people about Bima’s new career
D. greet someone on his success
The following text is for questions 4 to 6
I want to write to you today to say that I have moved to Pekanbaru. My address is Arwana Residence, Block B 10 No.15 Pekanbaru Riau, and now I am going at SMP Al-Huda one of the best Junior High School in town.
You know that we have shared a lot of ups and downs through out the past year at school and I am very happy to count you as my friend. I also want to say that I expect to see you quite often in the coming years. I invite you to visit me and my family whenever you have some free time.
I also expect to visit you and your family and I will let you know well in advance so we can plan to get together. I wish you to be success in your new school, and I hope you keep me up to date on what is happening through email.
4. The text shows that Abel lives…now.
A. in Pekanbaru
B. far from Pekanbaru
C. near Pekanbaru
D. near Nindy’s house
5. ” I invite you to visit…” ( paragraph 2 ). The underlined word refers to….
D. the reader
6. What kind of telecomunication will Nindy and Abel use for their communication?
A. Fax machine.
Read the message below to answer questions 7 and 8
Date : Februari 23rd, 2012
To : Santi
I was at your home at 5:15 p.m. but you were not there. I met your mother only. I need my English book because I’m going to have a test in the next two days. Please return it to me.
7. What does the text tell us about?
A. Rani wants to see Santi’s mother.
B. Rani wants her English book back.
C. Santi wants to meet Rani at 5:15 p.m.
D. Santi is going to have a test in the next two days.
8. When will Rani have a test?
A. On January 25th,2012.
B. On Februari 21st, 2012.
C. On February 25th, 2012.
D. On March 21st, 2012.
The following text is for Questions 9 to 11.
Learn about your baby every week….
Meriter is proud to offer free weekly e-mail newsletters to expecting and new parents. Sign up for Parent Review and you’ll receive e-mail newsletters focused on what you need to know right now.
You’ll receive newsletters through your baby’s third birthday ! You’ll also learn more about related Meriter classes and services.
9. What is the advertisement about ?
10. What does the advertisement offer you ?
A. Signing up for “Baby Review”.
B. Reports on what you need to know.
C. Learn more about your baby and its service.
D. Free for Weekly e-mail for expecting and new Parents.
11. “Sign up for …” ( paragraph 1 )
What does the underlined word mean ?
A. Promise to do something by signing.
B. Write your name on special list.
C. End a program on radio.
D. Make legally by signing.
Read the following text to answer questions 12 and 13.
To : All Marketing Managers
There will be a meeting this afternoon,
February 14th 2012 at 01.30 pm.
The meeting will discuss the customers’ orders.
Please bring the documents needed.
12. Who are supposed to attend the meeting?
B. All marketing managers.
C. Secretary, director, and all managers.
D. Director, secretary, and all marketing managers.
13. The meeting will discuss the customers’ orders.
The underlined word means ....
A. goods asked for by someone
B. things that will be sold
C. somebody’s need
D. people’s desire
The following text is for Questions 14 and 15.
Distinguised guest speaker Seminar University Satya Nugraha.
What they say about our nation
Monday – Tuesday
26th-27th of February 2012
SATYA NUGRAHA GLOBAL CAMPUS
14. When is the seminar held?
A. 11 a,m to 15 p.m
B. 26 -27 february 2012.
C. Monday – Tuesday.
D. February 2012.
15. How long will the seminar be held?
A. One day only.
B. Two days.
C. Three days.
D. Not stated.
Read the text to answer questions 16 to 20
Gemblong (Sugar-coated Black Rice Cakes)
• 125 g (1 ¼ cups) black glutinous rice flour
• Pinch of salt
• 50 g (1/2 cup) young grated coconut
• 100 ml (scant ½ cup) thin coconut milk, warmed
• ½ tablespoon slaked lime water
• Oil for deep frying
• 75 g (1/3 cup) sugar
• 2 tablespoons water
1. Mix black glutinous rice flour, salt and grated coconut in a small mixing bowl. Pour the lime juice and warm coconut milk into the mixture. Then, mix with your hands in the bowl to get fairly soft, pliable dough. If the dough seems crumbly, put a few more drops of water.
2. Squeeze it for a few minutes until the mixture is smooth. Then, divide the dough into 10
to 12 pieces. Roll the pieces in your hands into oval shapes and flatten them to be about
one cm thick.
3. Heat oil to a depth of 2 ½ cm over medium heat and fry the cakes for 3 to 4 minutes.
Then drain them on absorbent paper.
3. Mix the sugar and water in a small, heavy based saucepan and boil the mixture until the
syrup is thick and the surface is full of large bubbles. Put the cakes in the sugar syrup for
sometime. Then take the cakes out until the sugar hardens on the surface. Finally, put
the cakes onto a plate to cool. These cakes are called ‘getas’ when made with white
glutinous flour and coated with caramelized brown sugar.
16. The purpose of the text is to ....
A. to persuade the readers to make cakes
B. discuss on how to make sugar coated cakes
C. inform people how to make sugar coated black rice cakes
D. entertain the readers by having sugar coated black rice cakes
17. What will you do if your dough looks crumbly?
A. Fry it for 3 to 4 minutes.
B. Put a few more drops of water.
C. Drain them on absorbent paper.
D. Squeeze it for a few minutes.
18. How much lime water is needed for the cakes?
A. A quarter tablespoon.
B. Half tablespoon.
C. Two tablespoons.
D. Three tablespoons.
19. Where will you pour the mixture of lime water and coconut milk?
A. In a small mixing bowl.
B. In fairly soft, pliable dough.
C. In a mixture of water and dough.
D. In a mixture of rice flour, salt and grated coconut
20. Squeeze it for a few minutes until the mixture is smooth. The word “it” refers to ...
A. a small mixing bowl
B. the lime juice
C. the sugar
D. the dough
The following text is for Questions 21 to 25.
Jorge Lorenzo (born 4 may 1987 in Palma de Mollorca, Balearic island) is a Spanish Grand Prix motor cycle road racer. He was the 2006 and 2007 250 cc world Champion.
Lorenzo made his championship debut on his fifteenth birthday, on the second qualifying day for the 2002 125 cc Spanish Grand Prix- having to miss Friday practice as he was not allowed to race. He has a lollipop every time when he is on the podium,in deference to his sponsor Chupa Chups. Lorenzo dominated the 2007 250 cc world Championship. His first six poles of the season have all lead to victories. Jorge’s victory at Misano in 2007 was his 16th in the 250 cc class, making him of all the most successful Spanish rider the time in the 250 cc GP class –with one more vactory than Dani Pedrosa and Sito Pons.
After being linked with a Yamaha motorGP ride for 2008, on 25 July 2007 he was confirmed as valentino Rossi’s partner on a two year deal for the 2008 MotorGP career, after qualifying on pole for the Qatar night race on March 8, 2008 and placing 2nd.
21 . What is the suitable title of the text?
A. The world championship.
B. Jorge Lorenzo.
C. Dani Pedrosa.
D. Motor GP.
22. What is the main idea of paragraf one?
A. Jorge ‘s victory.
B. the most successful Spanish rider
C. Jorge Lorenzo is a Spanish road racer.
D. Lorenzo’s championship debut.
23.. When does Lorenzo make a great start to his Motor GP career?
A. After being linked with a Yamaha MotorGP ride for 2008.
B. After qualifying on pole the Qatar night race on March 8, 2008.
C. After first six poles of the season have all lead to victories.
D. After he dominated the 2007 250cc world championship.
24 . Who is his partner for the 2008 MotorGp season?
A. Dani Pedrosa.
B. Sito Pons.
C. Jorge Lorenzo.
D. Valentino Rossi.
25 . … as he was not allowed to race (in paragraph 2 )
The underlined word means….
The following text is for numbers 26 to 30.
Wednesday was a great day. Our school theatre group was in a competition in London. We practiced three times a week for four months before the competition. Some of our parents made our costumes and our wigs. We performed part of a musical in the competition. We were all nervous for the competition but we didn’t make any mistakes and nobody forgot their lines. There were ten schools in the competition and we came second. We were really happy. The next day, we performed our musical at school for the other pupils and our families. It was a big success.
My worst day was Saturday. It was a really unlucky day for me. In the morning I went shopping with my mum. We wanted to buy a present for my younger brother’s birthday. We bought a very cool watch. I know he’ll like it. We bought some food and then we got the bus home. When we got home, I wanted to show the watch to my dad. I went to get it out from my bag, but my bag wasn’t there. We couldn’t find it anywhere. I think I left it on the bus. What a pity.
26. What is the suitable title for the text?
A. Great Wednesday.
B. Unlucky Saturday.
C. The best and worst day.
D. Taking part in theater competitions.
27. What was a big success?
A. Brought some present.
B. Window shopping.
C. Musical performance at school.
D. Musical performance at the theatre.
28. How many competitors are in the theathre competition?
29. What happen in the worst day of the writer?
A. He showed his bag to his father
B. He bought a beautiful watch.
C. His bag was left on the bus.
D. He fund his watch on the bus.
30. Some of our parents made our costumes and our wigs.
The word “ wigs” means ....
A. skin lightening
B. artificial hair
C. hair contitioner
D. artificial skin
Read the following text and answer the questions 31 to 35.
Once upon a time, in Dumai, there was a prosperous Kingdom named Seri Bunga Tanjung. It was ruled by a beautiful Queen whose name was Cik sima. She had seven good-looking daughters. Out of seven, the youngest daughter, Mayang Mengurai, was the most beautiful. Her beauty enchanted all taking a look at her.
One day, the seven princesses took bath in Sarang Umai pool, making joke and remaining in the water for long time. While doing so, they were noticed by some guys. Those were Prince Empang and his guardsmen who were passing by the pool. They peeped at the seven princesses through shady bushes nearby the pool. The prince was amazed of seeing those beautiful ladies, but his eyes could not stop watching the most beautiful, Princess Mayang Sari. “Gadis cantik di Lubuk Umai…cantik di Umai. Ya…ya…d’umai…d’umai…”. (Beautiful lady in Umai pool, beauty in Umai in Umai…ya…in Umai…in Umai) mumbled Prince Empang Kuala. Seemingly, the prince felt in love with Mayang Mengurai. He set his heart upon marrying her.
Few days later, The Prince Empang Kuala sent an envoy to the Seri Bunga Tanjung Kingdom for proposing the beautiful princess (the youngest). Queen Cik Sima approved of the proposal. However, instead of the youngest, it should be addressed to the oldest. Feeling embarrassed, the Prince was angry and he ordered his commander and soldiers to attack Seri Bunga Tanjung kingdom.
During the war, Queen Ratu Cik Sima ordered his commander to take her seven daughters to the jungle, hide them in the hole covered by trees. As their food supply, the Queen asked his to bring some food for three months supply. Three months passed, the war still broke out. The war happened four months.
Many died during the war. Queen Cik Sima rushed for walking to the jungle where all her daughters hid. Unfortunately, she was shocked after finding that all had died. They died of thirsty and hunger.
Since then, Dumai society believed that name “Dumai” is rooted to a word “d’umai” that was once said repeatedly by Prince Empang Kuala when seeing the beauty of Princess Mayang Mengurai.
31. The text tells us about ....
A. The Sarang Umai pool
B. The Origin of Dumai city
C. The Prince Empang Kuala
D. The Seri Bunga Tanjung Kingdom
32. Why did The Prince attack Sri Bunga Tanjung Kingdom? Because….
A. the oldest daughter accepted his proposal
B. the Queen Cik Sima replaced to the oldest daughter
C. the princess Mayang Mengurai rejected his proposal
D. the Prince Empang Kuala fell in love with Mayang Mengurai
33. What is the main idea of paragraf 3?
A. Many people died during the war.
B. The seven princesses took bath in Sarang Umai pool.
C. The Prince Empang Kuala sent an envoy to the Seri Bunga Tanjung
D. Queen Ratu Cik Sima ordered his commander to take her seven daughters
to the jungle
34. What moral value can you learn from the story?
A. Take care of your children as well as possible.
B. Never listen to someone’s advice.
C. A Prince must get everything what he wants.
D. We are not allowed to force to get something.
35. …They peeped at the seven princesses….(Paragraph 2 )
What does the underlined word mean?
A. Looked nicely.
B. Looked clearly.
C. Looked carefully.
D. Looked secretly.
The following text is for questions 36 to 40.
Weather is the state of the atmosphere in a certain place at a certain time. Weather always changes and is different all around the world. It depends on many elements. It may be warm and sunny in one place but cold, windy and rainy somewhere else.
Climate refers to the weather conditions in a certain area over a longer period of time.
Weather is important to everyone. It affects our daily lives in many ways. What we wear depends on the weather. Weather affects the way plants and crops grow. Extreme weather may lead to dangerous situations. Hurricanes and storms may even kill people and destroy houses and roads.
36. The weather condition of a certain place over the certain period of time is called…
37. What kind of weather can kill many people?
A. Warm weather.
C. Cold weather.
D. Extreme rainy weather.
38. From the text we can conclude that the atmosphere…
A. Produces oxygen
B. Vapors to make water
C. Only has a lower layer
D. Consist of some layers
39. The purpose of writing the text above is…
A. To describe the weather generally
B. To tell the danger of extreme weather
C. To explain the layers of the atmosphere
D. To entertain the importance of the weather
40. “it affect our daily lives in many way.” (Paragraph 3)
The underlined word refers to…
A. The crop
B. The weather
C. The climate
D. The atmosphere
F. The following text is for questions 41 to 43.
Last week, my parents, sister, brother and I went to the zoo. We went there for recreation. We left at 6 a.m and ... (41) there at 8 a.m. The zoo is about fifty kilometers from my house.
There were a lot of people watching a ... (42) snake. The snake was there for about a week. It was 9 metres long. I though it was the biggest snake I had ever ... (43)
J. 41. ....
K. A. arrived
L. B. came
M. C. departed
N. D. went
P. 42. ....
Q. A. broad
R. B. large
S. C. giant
T. D. wide
V. 43. ....
W. A. seen
X. B. taken
Y. C. cought
Z. D. bitten
AA. For numbers 44 to 46, choose the best response to complete the text.
BB. Borobudur is Hindu - Budhist temple. It is a …(44) treasure for Indonesian people. Borobudur is located in Magelang, Central Java Indonesia. It was built in the ninth century during Sailendra dynasty of ancient Mataram kingdom.
CC. Borobudur is well-known all over the world. Its construction is influenced by the Gupta architecture of India. The temple is ... (45) on a hill 46 m high and consists of eight steps like stone terrace. The first five terraces are square, and the upper three are circular. Each of them …(46) a circle of bell shape-stupa. The entire building is crowned by a large stupa at the centre of the top circle. The way to the summit extends through some 4.8 km of passage and stairways. The design of Borobudur which symbolizes the structure of universe influences people at Angkor, Cambodia.
47. area – only – authorized – caution – hazardous – personnel
The good arrangement of the jumbled words is …
A. Caution hazardous area authorized personnel only.
B. Authorized personnel only hazardous area.
C. Hazardous area authorized personnel only.
D. Caution personnel authorized area hazardous only.
48. Arrange the following words into a good meaningful sentence.
And – I – match – my family - watching – now – are – football
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A. 4 – 1 – 8 – 7 – 5 – 3 – 2 – 6
B. 4 – 1 – 2 – 5 – 7 – 6 – 8 – 3
C. 4 – 1 – 2 – 6 – 7 – 5 – 8 – 3
D. 4 – 1 – 2 – 7 – 5 – 8 – 3 – 6
49. Rearrange these sentences into a good paragraph.
1. At the top is a bramble of copper-wound strings.
2. My most valuable possession is my old guitar.
3. The body of the Madeira is shaped like an enormous yellow pear, one that was slightly damaged in shipping.
4. It is the first instrument I taught myself how to play.
5. It’s just a Madeira folk guitar.
6. It's not a fancy guitar.
7. The strings are stretched down a long, slim neck.
A. 2 – 4 – 6 – 5 – 1 – 7 – 3
B. 2 – 4 – 6 – 7 – 5 – 3 – 1
C. 4 – 2 – 5 – 6 – 1 – 7 – 3
D. 4 – 2 – 6 – 5 – 7 – 3 – 1
50. Arrange the following sentences into a good paragraph!
1. He was wearing a leather hat, white shirt, blue jeans and long leather boots.
2. My immediate impression of him was that he reminded me of the American cowboy.
3. I looked out of my bedroom window and noticed a very tall and well-built man
walking towards my house.
4. But I could say that he was a handsome man
5. Now he was exactly in front of my house. It is clear that he had grey, wavy and very
6. When he came a little bit closer I could see his dark skin.
The best arrangement of the text above is …
A. 3 – 1 – 2 – 5 – 6 – 4
B. 3 – 2 – 4 – 1 – 6 – 5
C. 3 – 6 – 2 – 1 – 4 – 5
D. 3 – 1 – 2 – 6 – 5 – 4