Daftar Link Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 32
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 31
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 30
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 29
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 28
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 27
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 26
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 25
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 24
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 23
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 22
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 20
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 19
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 18
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 17
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 16
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 15
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 14
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 13
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 12
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 11
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 10
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 9
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 8
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 7
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 6
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 5
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 4
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 3
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 2
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMP 1
Download di Aplikasi Lebih Mudah
Rapi dan Siap Cetak, Klik Disini untuk Download Aplikasi
Modul untuk Bimbel / Materi Belajar Sekolah TK SD SMP SMA lebih lengkap dan lebih mudah di Aplikasi Produk Aqila Klik Disini untuk Download
BEWARE OF PICKPOCKETS
(Source: “Cara Mudah Menghadapi UN 2008”, 2007)
1. What does the text mean?
A. We must make a pocket.
B. We must have a pocket.
C. We must be careful of pickpocket.
D. We must be friendly to pickpocket.
2. Where can we find such text?
A. In the railway station.
B. At the hospital.
C. At the bank.
D. At school.
May God bless you
From David and Olga
3. The word “friends” has the same meaning as ….
4. Who sent the card?
A. Winda and friends
B. Olga’s fiends
C. David’s friends
D. Winda’s friends
5. What does the word “you” refer to?
A. The writer.
B. The reader.
C. The sender.
D. The receiver.
Read the text and answer the questions of numbers 6 - 9.
Andi, I cannot come to play kite with you today. I will have an English examination tomorrow.
6. What is the message about?
A. Expressing empathy.
B. Giving information.
C. Asking for information.
D. Offering something.
7. Which of the following sentences is CORRECT?
A. Ricky and Andi will have examination.
B. Ricky and Andi cannot play kites.
C. Ricky will have an English examination.
D. Andi will have an English examination.
8. The word “examination” in the text means ….
9. The word “I” in the text refers to ….
C. Andi’s friend
D. Ricky’s friend
My special day is coming
I turn to seven and keep growing
Mom and Dad are having a party,
They say it’s for me
Your smiling face we hope to see
So come and bring your family
It will be lots of fun
The party begins at three and at five its all
Saturday , November 8, 2008
32 Riglelon Avenue
(Pendalaman Materi Sukses Ujian Nasional, ...)
10. What is the purpose of the text above?
A. To inform people.
B. To invite someone.
C. To remind somebody.
D. To ask for confirmation.
11. ‘… it will be lots of fun’
The underlined word means ….
A. the party
B. the house
C. the family
D. the games
12. Which of the following sentences is CORRECT according to the text?
A. The party will begin at five.
B. The party will be held in the hall.
C. We can’t bring our family to the party.
D. The party will be held on November 8, 2008.
Read the announcement below and answer the question 13 to 15
13. What is the announcement about ?
A. The inconvenience.
B. The delay of the show.
C. The rule in the building.
D. The prohibition in the show.
14. The show will be delayed for …. hour/s.
15. Where can you find such an announcement ?
A. In railway station.
B. In a restaurant.
C. In an airport.
D. In a concert.
Agnes Monica is a famous pop singer. Most people in Indonesia know her. She certainly looks like an angel with her tall, slim and beautiful face. Her hair is black and shiny. She always wears fashionable clothes.
Her personality is as good as her voice. She is not only confident but also generous because she often shares a lot of money to charity.
Her hobby is unique. She keeps a dog as a pet. Most women like cooking but she does
16. What does the text mostly tell us about?
A. A popular pop singer.
B. A popular singer.
C. A unique hobby.
D. An international singer.
17. The second paragraph shows that Agnes Monica has ….
A. a good personality
B. a unique hobby
C. a pet dog
D. a beautiful voice
18. Agnes Monica dislikes ….
C. keeping a cat
D. keeping a dog
19. Agnes Monica is a famous pop singer.
The synonym of the underlined word is ….
Read the text and answer question 20 to 23
Last week, Mr Ariyanto and his family had a picnic. They went to Sanur and Kuta Beaches. They left by car at four in the afternoon. Mr. Ariyanto drove his car carefully. They arrived at Sanur at six in the evening. Then they went to a motel near Sanur Beach, They spent the night there.
The next day they went to Sanur Beach. They went there on foot because the motel is not more than a kilometer from the beach. They started early in the morning because they wanted to see sunrise. After the sun rose, they enjoyed other activities. Mr Ariyanto and his wife looked at a tourist painting in a small gallery. Their children enjoyed a boat trip. They were glad because they had never done it before. At ten o’clock they went back to the motel. They stayed and had lunch there.
At four in the afternoon, they left for Kuta Beach. They went there by car. Then they walked along the seashore. They saw some foreign tourists lay on the sand and had a massage, others were surfing. They spent two hours on Kuta Beach.
(From: Smart Steps Grade VIII, 2007)
20. The text tells us about Mr. Ariyanto’s family’s….
A. activities in Sanur and Kuta Beach
B. a picnic in Sanur beach
C. a picnic in Kuta beach
D. a picnic in Bali
21. How did Mr. Ariyanto drive his car?
A. Fast .
22. The motel is not … from the beach.
D. in front of
23. “They stayed and had lunch there” (paragraph 2) The underlined word refers to ….
C. Kuta Beach
D. Sanur Beach
Read the text and answer questions 24 to 27
Making Jelly is very simple by following these directions. You will make one packet of jelly Crystals, a 500 ml jug, 250 ml of boiling water, 200 ml of cold water and a bowl.
1. Empty contents of packets of Jelly Crystals in the jug.
2. Add boiling water
3. Stir well until crystals dissolve
4. Add the cold water and stir
5. Pour mixture into a bowl
6. Refrigerate until it firm
(Taken from CTL Bahasa Inggris SMP Kelas IX, 2008)
24. What does the text tell you about?
A. How to boil water.
B. How to make jelly.
C. How to make crystals.
D. How to make Jelly Fish.
25. The following materials are needed to make Jelly, except....
A. cold water
B. boiling water
C. jelly crystals
26. Based on the text, what should we do before step 1?
A. Add boiling water.
B. Prepare the materials.
C. Pour mixture into a bowl.
D. Stir well until crystal dissolve.
27. “Refrigerate until firm” What does the underlined word means....
a. put in a warm place
b. keep in a safe place
c. store in a cool place
d. store in a hot place
Once upon a time there was a beautiful girl called Sarah, who lived with her stepmother. Her stepmother was very bossy, greedy and arrogant. She hated Sarah a lot.
One day when her father was working outside, the stepmother hit Sarah and expelled her from the house. Suddenly, she saw a big melon farm and went in it. After that, she hit in a big melon. She used to go out of the melon and get her food.
One day a prince visited the farm and saw the big melon. “ cut this melon, I want to eat it,” the prince said. The prince guards start to cut the melon, but they heard a voice from it. Sarah said, “don’t cut me, please!” they were all surprised at this situation. The prince said, “who are you? Calm down, please come out.” After that, she came out. Then, he fell in love with her.
She told him her story, so the prince decided to marry her and they lived happily ever after.
( Detik-detik UN 2008, Intan pariwara)
28. The text mostly talks about ….
B. the melon
C. the prince
D. the stepmother
29. What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
A. Sarah’s stepmother was bossy, greedy, and arrogant.
B. Sarah is a beautiful girl who lived with her stepmother
C. A good prince who fell in love with her
D. A beautiful girl who became a princess
30. Who found the big Melon?
31. Sarah and the prince lived happily ever after.
It is the main idea of paragraph ….
32. “She hated Sarah a lot “(paragraph 1). The underlined word means…..
Vitamin E ( d-δ- tocopherol + β, δ and δ- tocopherol) equivalent to d-δ- tocopherol (natural vitamin E)1001. U.gelatin. safflower oil, aqua, FDC Blue no. 1 C1 No. 42090,
FDC yellow no. 19140
Vitamin E isone of antioxidant to provide healthly skin to enchan skin elasticity and softeness.
Production code : 0560 YQ
MFG date : June 08
Best before : Des 11
(jamboree sekolah unggul Jambi, 2008)
33. What is the purpose of this text ?
A. To give information about Nature E.
B. To inform about the content of Nature E.
C. To remind the user about the function of Nature E.
D. To show how to consume Nature E.
34. The vitamin is better to be used….
A. in June 2008
B. after June 2008
C. before Dec 2011
D. in Dec 2011
Read the following text and answer the questions 35 to 39.
Do you know that some bajajs in Jakarta have been replaced by new micro cars called Mobil kancil? They have been operated as public transports in some areas in Jakarta for some months now. These 400 cc cars only fit 4 people including the driver and are said to be environmentally friendlier than the traditional bajaj. These smart cars are expected to be used not only in Jakarta but also in Bali and Medan in the near future. Can you imagine if all bemos or public transports are replaced by these mini cars?
(Taken from www.banksoal.sebarin.com)
35. What does the text tell us about?
B. Mobil kancil
C. Bajaj in Jakarta
D. Public transport
36. What is the main idea of the text?
A. Bemos are public transportation.
B. Bajaj was replaced by new micro cars in Jakarta.
C. Only fit 4 people including the driver in mobil kancil.
D. Bajaj is operating as public transportation in Jakarta.
37. Which of the following statement is NOT TRUE based on the text.
A. Mobil kancil only fits four people.
B. Bajaj is one of the public transportations.
C. Mobil kancil has not been operated in Jakarta.
D. Bajajs in Jakarta have been replaced by new micro cars.
38. Can you imagine…’ (Last sentence). The similar meaning of the underlined word is …
39. These smart cars are expected …’
What do the underlined words refer to?
C. Mobil kancil
D. Public transport
Read the passage below and question 40 to 42
(Kamala and Rafi are going to Singapore for a holiday. They will join a tour conducted by Singa Tour Company. They have been given a program below for their tour).
(Taken from Detik-detik Ujian Nasional)
40. What does the passage mostly tell us about?
A. Tour itinerary in Singapore.
B. One-day trip to Singapore.
C. Tourist resorts in Singapore.
D. Planning for a holiday in Singapore.
41. How long does it take from Seremban to Singapore?
A. three hours
B. four hours
C. five hours
D. six hours
42. “Leave Seremban at 10.00 a.m. by bus”. The underline word has similar meaning with …
For number 43 to 45 are based on the letter below
46 King Road
Sept. 2nd , 2007
Dear Mr. Irwan,
Thank you for your letter. It is very interesting to read about the farming tools used by the farmers in your village.
Now I would like to tell you about the tools that the farmers in my area use. Most farmers here use tractors to till and loosen the soil. They help us do the tilling work quickly. To make holes in the ground, we also use a machine called a seed drill. It is also used to drop seeds into the holes and their fertilizer. For larger rice fields we plant seeds by air plane. We also used the airplane to spray chemicals on to the rice fields. When harvest time comes, we use a combine. It can cut the rice kernels from the stalks. This machine can harvest more grain than 200 people working by hand.
Well, Mr. Irwan, that is all for now. I am looking forward to receiving your letter.
(Panduan Praktis Pemahaman Teks Fungsional, 2007)
43. What does the letter above tell you about?
d. Farming tools
44. Which of the farming tools are NOT mentioned as a tool used by farmers in Australia?
A. Seed drills
45. For larger rice fields we plant seeds by airplane….(Paragraph 2)
The underlined words have the same meaning as ….
c. seek for
49. Arrange these words into a good sentence
he – the man – before – the office – talked to – entered – the receptionest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A. 2 – 4 – 5 – 1 – 3 – 6 – 7
B. 2 – 5 – 7 – 3 – 1 – 6 – 4
C. 1 – 5 – 7 – 6 – 2 – 3 – 4
D. 1 – 4 – 2 – 3 – 7 – 6 – 5
50. Arrange these sentences to make a good paragraph.
1. Secondly, see your doctor regularly for tests to check your cholesterol levels.
2. Today I will tell you how to reduce the risk of having a heart attack.
3. Firstly, be a non- smoker.
4. Finally, exercise regularly.
5. Thirdly, eat a low-fat diet and keep to a healthy weight.
(Source: Pendalaman Matery Sukses Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP)