Daftar Link Bahasa Inggris SMA
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 56
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 55
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 54
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 53
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 52
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 51
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 50
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 49
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 48
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 47
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 46
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 45
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 44
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 43
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 42
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 41
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 40
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 39
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 38
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 37
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 36
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 35
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 34
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 33
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 32
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 31
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 30
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 29
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 28
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 27
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 26
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 25
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 24
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 23
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 22
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 21
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 20
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 19
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 18
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 17
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 16
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 15
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 14
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 13
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 12
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 11
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 10
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 9
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 8
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 7
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 6
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 5
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 4
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 3
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 2
- Bank Soal Bahasa Inggris SMA Bagian 1
- THE LEGEND OF TANDUK ALAM - Cerita Rakyat dalam Ba...
- THE GOLDEN SNAIL - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE EAGLE-QUEEN - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE CRYING STONE - Cerita Rakyat dalam Bahasa Inggris
- THE BUGGY CART - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Inggris
- TELAGA WARNA - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Inggris
- NASREDDIN - A MAN WITH THOUSANDS OF IDEAS - Cerit...
- AFFANDI THE GREAT ARTIST - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Ba...
- A MINANGKABAU BOY - Cerita Rakyat Dalam Bahasa Ing...
- 2000++ Kata-kata Bahasa Inggris yang sering digunakan
Download di Aplikasi Lebih Mudah
Rapi dan Siap Cetak, Klik Disini untuk Download Aplikasi
Modul untuk Bimbel / Materi Belajar Sekolah TK SD SMP SMA lebih lengkap dan lebih mudah di Aplikasi Produk Aqila Klik Disini untuk Download
Read the text carefully
This text is for questions number 1-5!
The Smartest Parrot
Once upon time, a man had a wonderful parrot. There was no other parrot like it. The parrot could say every word, except one word. The parrot would not say the name of the place where it was born. The name of the place was Catano.
The man felt excited having the smartest parrot but he could not understand why the parrot would not say Catano. The man tried to teach the bird to say Catano however the bird kept not saying the word.
At the first, the man was very nice to the bird but then he got very angry. “You stupid bird!” pointed the man to the parrot. “Why can’t you say the word? Say Catano! Or I will kill you” the man said angrily. Although he tried hard to teach, the parrot would not say it. Then the man got so angry and shouted to the bird over and over; “Say Catano or I’ll kill you”. The bird kept not to say the word of Catano.
One day, after he had been trying so many times to make the bird say Catano, the man really got very angry. He could not bear it. He picked the parrot and threw it into the chicken house. There were four old chickens for next dinner “You are as stupid as the chickens. Just stay with them” Said the man angrily. Then he continued to humble; “You know, I will cut the chicken for my meal. Next it will be your turn, I will eat you too, stupid parrot”. After that he left the chicken house.
The next day, the man came back to the chicken house. He opened the door and was very surprised. He could not believe what he saw at the chicken house. There were three death chickens on the floor. At the moment, the parrot was standing proudly and screaming at the last old chicken; “Say Catano or I’ll kill you”.
1. From the text above, we know that the social function of the text is …
a. to persuade
b. to describe
c. to explain
d. to entertain
e. to advertise
2. Why the man got so angry and tried to kill the Parrot?
a. because the parrot could not say even one word
b. because the parrot could say Catano
c. because the parrot hate the man
d. because the parrot could say every word except Catano
e. because the parrot is stupid
3. What is Catano?
a. the name of the Parrot
b. the name of the man
c. the name of the place where the parrot was born
d. the name of the place where the man was born
e. the name of the chicken house
4. The first paragraph of the text above is called …….. part
5. “Although he tried hard to teach,….” (Paragraph 3). The word he refers to….
a. the man
b. the parrot
d. the Chicken
e. the Chicken house
This text is for questions number 6-10!
Conventionally, students need book, pen, eraser, drawing book, ruler and such other stuff. Additionally, in this multimedia era, students need more to reach their progressive development. Students need mobile keyboards to record every presented subject easily. Of course it will need more cost but it will deserve for its function.
First, modern schools tend to apply fast transferring knowledge because the school needs to catch the target of curriculum. Every subject will tend to be given in demonstrative method. Consequently students need extra media cover the subject. Since there is a laptop on every student’s desk, this method will help student to get better understanding.
Secondly, finding an appropriate laptop is not difficult as it was. Recently there is an online shop which provides comprehensive information. The best is that the shop has service of online shopping. The students just need to brows that online shop, decide which computer or laptop they need, and then complete the transaction. After that the laptop will be delivered to the students' houses. That is really easy and save time and money.
From all of that, having mobile computer is absolutely useful for students who want to catch the best result for their study. Buying laptop online is advisable because it will cut the price. This online way is recommended since online shop also provides several laptop types. Students just need to decide which type they really need.
6. What is the main idea of the third paragraph?
a. the laptop will be delivered to the students' houses
b. finding an appropriate laptop is easy
c. there is an online shop which provides comprehensive information
d. the students just need to brows online shop
e. buying laptop in online shop is difficult
7. Which of the following is NOT TRUE based on the text above?
a. students need laptop to reach their progressive development
b. there is an online shop which provides comprehensive information
c. finding an appropriate laptop is difficult
d. buying mobile computer online is recommended
e. students can buy laptop at online shop
8. The word advisable in the last paragraph has the same meaning with …..
9. What is the appropriate title for the text above?
a. students have been in multimedia era
b. students need to have laptop
c. online shop is the best way to buy laptop
d. buying laptop in online shop is not difficult
e. the importance of having laptop
10. What is the genre of the text above?
c. hortatory exposition
d. analytical exposition
This text is for questions number 11-15!
An elephant is the largest and strongest of all animals. It is a strange looking animal with its thick legs, huge sides and backs, large hanging ears, a small tail, little eyes, long white tusks and above all it has a long nose, the trunk.
The trunk is the elephant's peculiar feature, and it has various uses. The elephant draws up water by its trunk and can squirt it all over its body like a shower bath. It can also lift leaves and puts them into its mouth. In fact, the trunk serves the elephant as a long arm and hand. An elephant looks very clumsy and heavy and yet it can move very quickly.
The elephant is a very intelligent animal. Its intelligence combined with its great strength makes it a very useful servant to men and it can be trained to serve in various ways such as carrying heavy loads, hunting for tigers and even fighting.
11. The third paragraph is mainly about the fact that ……
a. elephants are strong
b. elephants can lift logs
c. elephants are servants
d. elephants are very useful
e. elephants must be trained
12. Which of the following is NOT part of the elephant described in the first paragraph?
a. It looks strange
b. It is heavy
c. It is wild
d. It has a trunk
e. It has a small tail
13. It is stated in the text that the elephant uses the trunk to do the following, EXCEPT …..
a. to eat
b. to push
c. to drink
d. to carry things
e. to squirt water over the body
14. What is the communicative purpose of the text above?
a. To inform the readers about the characteristics of an elephant
b. To persuade the readers to protect elephants
c. To make the readers realize the existence of elephants
d. To tell the readers about the advantages of an elephant
e. To give arguments about the benefits of an elephant
15. The trunk is the elephant's peculiar feature ... (Paragraph 2)
The underlined word is close in meaning to ……
This text is for questions number 16-20!
16. What is the purpose of this text?
a. To inform the readers about the materials needed to germinate petunia seeds
b. To describe the characteristics of petunia seeds
c. To tell the readers the function of petunia seeds
d. To tell the readers why we should germinate petunia seeds
e. To tell the readers how to germinate petunia seeds
17. How many materials do you need to germinate petunia seeds?
a. 4 b. 5 c. 6 d. 7 e. 8
18. What should you do after putting the soil on the pot?
a. Mix the soil with the fertilizer
b. Scatter the seeds on the surface of the soil
c. Press the soil firmly
d. Put the pot in sunny position
e. Incorporate the soil, seeds, and fertilizer together
19. Follow these instructions to germinate petunia seeds.
The underlined word means …….
a. make b. grow c. fertilize d. increase e. add
20. Cover seeds with a 3 mm layer of soil. Press firmly.
The underlined word has similar meaning with to ……
a. fairly hard
b. quite gently
c. rather quickly
This text is for questions number 21-22!
21. What is the function of the text ?
a. To inform readers that there was a new outlet opened.
b. To persuade readers that the outlet should be opened.
c. To retell the events of the outlet opening ceremony.
d. To present two points of view about a new outlet.
e. To explain the processes of the outlet opening.
22. How long has the outlet been opening?
a. 2 months b. 3 months c. 4 months d. 5 months e. 6 months
This text is for questions number 23-25!
23. Based on the text above, why Metro is giving discounts?
a. to invite more buyers
b. to celebrate Metro’s 10th Anniversary
c. to celebrate the first opening day
d. to cheat the people
e. to increase the selling rate
24. How much is Charles and Keith shoes in sale day?
a. Rp. 120.000
b. Rp. 180.000
c. Rp. 200.000
d. Rp. 400.000
e. Rp. 600.000
25. How can you get lucky draw?
a. You go to Metro
b. You are the first 100 shoppers
c. You buy things above Rp. 600.000 in a single receipt
d. You buy Charles and Keith shoes
e. You buy Charles and Keith shoes for over Rp. 400.000
26. Peter : Paul didn’t pass his English course test.
Dicky: ……………… He must be disappointed.
a. It is not my business
b. Don’t care
d. I’m definitely sure about it
e. I’m sorry to hear that
27. My friend says he plans ...next year
d. to study
28. Fira : Where were you yesterday?
Dino : Oh, I’m very sorry. We……my grandma when you phoned me.
b. had visited
c. were visiting
29. Rio : ….……… to go camping with us tomorrow?
Tom : Oh dear! I’m sorry I can’t I have to finish my homework.
a. Do you like
b. Have you tried
c. Can you follow me?
d. Would you like
e. Will you come
30. Bella : I’m Bella.
Lindy : Pleased to meet you Bella. I’m Lindy.
Bella : Pleased to meet you too.
Lindy : Would you like to join us to celebrate our success?
The underlined sentence means……
a. for meeting
b. asking for something
e. asking refuse the invitation
31. Rian : Jhon, do you know the man…..is parking the car over there?
I watched him on TV last night.
Jhon : No, I don’t know him
32. Tidi : Well, Ferdi, do you think you have passed?
Ferdi: No, definitely not. I thought the paper was terrible. I haven’t got a hope of getting through.
The underlined part of the dialogue express…….
33. She is a professional ………….
34. His directions how to get the station were quite………….
35. Meta : Hello.
Ben : Hello, Meta. Do you feel like going to a movie this evening?
Meta : That’s sounds great, Ben. I haven’t been to a movie for a long time.
The underlined utterance expresses………….
This text is for questions number 36-40
Television has a great influence on our ideas about that is right and wrong, about the way we should behave, and about life in general. Sometimes the value and life …….(36) that we get from television are in ……..(37) with those that are taught at home and school. Critics of TV ………(38) that crime and western programs often ……(39) to a taste of violence while many game shows appeal to greed. Many critics also believe that television should be used for …….(40) constructive purpose as well as for entertainment.
36. a. challenge
37. a. line
38. a. find out
b. carry out
c. take out
d. look out
e. point out
39. a. prevent
40. a. social
41. My uncle ……….. advised me to take English lesson.
42. Annisa : Good morning, Mom.
Mother : Good morning, Annisa.
Annisa : Mom, may I invite some of my classmate to our party?
Mother : Yes, certainly.
The underlined utterance above expresses…….
43. Change the sentence into passive
Active sentence : They are building a new train station.
Passive sentence : A new station …………………….
a. was being built
b. was built
c. would be built
d. is being built
e. is built
44. Susi: My father died because of tsunami in Aceh.
Rina: I am sorry to hear that.
The underlined utterance is an expression of ………..
a. expressing regret
b. expressing disbelief
c. attracting attention
d. showing sympathy
e. expressing disappointment
45. The author ……. novels for years, before he wrote a book of property.
a. had written
c. has written
e. is writing
46. Adi and Roy are brothers, but they look very …………..
47. “Are you invited to the party?”
“Yes, here is the ……… card.”
48. “I can’t find my cellphone.”
“Well, you …….. in the car. Let’s take a look.”
a. may have to leave it
b. may have left it
c. should have left it
d. have to leave it
e. must leave it
49. Student: Excuse me, Sir. May I go to the restroom?
Teacher: Yes, but don’t forget to return immediately.
From the dialogue we know that the teacher ………
a. gives advice to the student
b. asks for permission to the student
c. allows the student to go to the restroom
d. doesn’t agree with the student
e. doesn’t allow the student to go to the restroom
50. I ………. All over the place for my dictionary when I suddenly remembered that my sister had borrowed it.
b. am looking
c. was looking
d. have looked
e. have been looking