Download di Aplikasi Lebih Mudah
Rapi dan Siap Cetak, Klik Disini untuk Download Aplikasi
Modul untuk Bimbel / Materi Belajar Sekolah TK SD SMP SMA lebih lengkap dan lebih mudah di Aplikasi Produk Aqila Klik Disini untuk Download
Daftar Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO16
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO15
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO14
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO13
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO12
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO11
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO10
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO9
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO8
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO6
- Soal Ujian Nasional SMP Bahasa Inggris TO4
- Soal Ujian Nasional SMP Bahasa Inggris TO3
- Soal Ujian Nasional SMP Bahasa Inggris TO2
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP TO1
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP Menentukan ...
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP Menentukan ...
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP Menentukan ...
- Soal Ujian Nasional SMP Bahasa Inggris Report
- Soal Ujian Nasional SMP Bahasa Inggris Narrative
- Soal Ujian Nasional SMP Bahasa Inggris Recount
- Soal Ujian Nasional SMP Bahasa Inggris Descriptive
- Soal Ujian Nasional Bahasa Inggris SMP Procedure
- Soal Ujian Nasional SMP Bahasa Inggris Letter / e-...
- Soal Ujian Nasional SMP Bahasa Inggris Greeting Card
Choose the correct answer by crossing a , b , c or d!
1. From the text we know that ….
a. we may not make the floor wet.
b. we may not trespass the floor.
c. we might slip if we step on it.
d. we should mop the floor.
This text is for number 2
It’s your special day today !
Many happy returns of the day
2. The text is written to….
a. express regret on the death of someone.
b. congratulate on someone’s promotion.
c. congratulate on a newborn baby.
d. greet someone on his birthday.
This text is for number 3 to 4
Dear friends, we are having a
On Saturday, June 19th in the student hall at eight a.m. All students of IX grade are supposed to join. Further information contact Devi (IX A)
Leader of students Organisation
3. The persons who may join the party are … grade students.
4. The text is written to … the party.
a. announce students to have
b. invite students to go to
c. inform students to refuse
d. force students to go to
Read the text to answer question 5 to 7
Class meeting will be held on 5th – 8th April 2010
from 07.00 – 12.00
• Badminton / hall
• Football / field
• Cheerleaders / yard
• English speech contest / basket ball court
Each class has to join at least 2 competitions
Final match : 8th April 2010
For further information : please contact (0293)588144
5. What is the announcement about ?
a. Football competition.
b. Speech contest.
c. Class meeting.
d. Final match.
6. Where will the cheerleader competition be held ?
a. At the basketball court
b. At the school yard
c. In the field
d. In the hall
7. Each class has to join at least 2 competition.
Which of the following words is not the synonym of the underlined word?
d. Take part
This text is for question 8 to 11
Basketball is an American game that has won popularity all over the world. It has been an Olympic sport since 1936. Professional basketball is played by two teams of five players each. Each team tries to score points by throwing a ball into a net or basket. The basket is 10 feet (3meters) from the floor and 18 inches (46 cm ) in diameter at the top. The ball can be advance by bouncing it along the floor, dribbling or by passing it to a teammate.
A player may not take more than one step while holding the ball. The apposing players try to block him without making physical contact.. A field goal counts two points. Free throws count one points.
Basketball became popular among women as well
8. What does the text tell us about?
a. Basketball player.
b. Playing basketball.
c. History of basketball.
d. How to play basketball.
9. Each team gets points by throwing a ball ….
a. to the opponent.
b. out of the court.
c. into the basket.
d. to a team mate.
10. Professional basketball is played by two teams of five players each. (paragraph 2)
What does the underlined word mean?
11. Which of the following sentences is NOT TRUE according to the text?
a. Each team has ten players.
b. Women can play basketball.
c. Basketball is popular sport in America.
d. The player has to dribble ball along the floor.
Read the text to answer question 12 to 14
Robby went shopping on Sunday. On the way he saw an accident. A man driving a car very fast knocked down a girl. The girl was badly hurt. She was injured on her head. Robby saw the accident and went to help the girl. He folded his jacket and laid it under her head.
The man called an ambulance. He rang for the ambulance on his mobile phone. Robby asked her for home address or phone number so he could call her parents.
Soon the ambulance arrived, the nurses got down and hurried to the girl. They examined the girl. They stopped the bleeding on her leg. it. So they put her on a stretcher and took her to the public hospital.
Robby took his jacket and went home. Then he phoned the girl’s mother that her daughter was all right. She was in the public hospital. Her mother thanked him.
(Taken from LKS Global)
12. Who examined the girl?
a. Robby did
b. The nurses did
c. The doctors did.
d. Her parents did.
13. Where was the girl when Robby called her mother?
a. She was at home.
b. She was in the public hospital.
c. She was on the way to the hospital.
d. She was in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.
14. “…the nurses got down and hurried to the girl” (par. 4)
The underlined word means ….
a. ran slowly.
b. helped slowly.
c. came quickly.
d. took quickly.
Read the text to answer question 15 to 17
USING A WASHING MACHINE
a. open the water tap and fill water in the wash tub about half way to the desired water level.
b. Put the appropriate amount of detergent and the clothes to be washed into the washed tub.
c. Insert the power plug into the outlet
d. Set the drain selector to “WASH RINSE” position
e. Set the desired wash time referring to the table given
f. When washing is finished select “DRAIN” to drain the water out
g. Put the clothes into the spin dryer basket and perform the intermediate speed
15. According to the text, when do we set the drain selector to “WASH RINSE” position?
a. After inserting the power plug into the outlet.
b. Before putting the appropriate amount of detergent.
c. Before putting the clothes into the spin dryer basket.
d. After setting the desired wash time referring to the table given.
16. What is the purpose of the text?
a. To describe which home appliances are.
b. To describe what a washing machine is.
c. To inform how to operate a washing machine.
d. To persuade people to buy a washing machine.
17. How many instructions are there to operate a washing machine?
This text is for number 18 to 19
One day while a mouse-deer was walking in the forest, he saw a big, black snake sleeping under the tree. When he saw the snake, the mouse deer was frightened. When he wanted to run away from the snake, he suddenly fell on top of a tiger which was sleeping not far from the snake. The tiger woke up and took hold of the mouse-deer. He told the mouse-deer that he was going to eat him for lunch. ”Please don’t eat me now”, said the mouse-deer. ”I have some thing important to do”.
“Look,” said the mouse-deer. ”That is the king’s belt. He asked me to stay here and watch it while he was away in the forest”. The tiger looked at the snake and said, ”That is a beautiful belt. I need a belt like that. Can I wear it?” He asked the mouse-deer.
”Oh, all right,” said the mouse-deer. So he picked up the snake and winded it around the tiger. Then the snake woke up and saw the tiger. The snake twisted itself tighter and tighter, until the tiger couldn’t breathe. The tiger asked the mouse-deer to help him. But the mouse-deer turned and ran away into the forest.
18. Where was the tiger sleeping?
a. In the middle of the forest.
b. Next to the mouse-deer’s house.
c. Near the black snake sleeping under the tree.
d. Far away from the place where the mouse-deer fell.
19. After reading this story, we can learn that. ....
a. we have to behave like the mouse-deer.
b. we have to be careful with the mouse-deer.
c. sleeping black snake was a dangerous animal.
d. we have to find a way to save ourselves from danger.
20. “…the mouse deer was frightened….” (par. 1)
The underlined word has the same meaning as ….
Read the text to answer questions 21 to 24
Elephants: The Amazing Animals
Elephants are the largest land animals on earth. They have the largest brains of any mammal. Elephants talk to each other. Researchers have discovered more than 50 different types of calls that they use to communicate with each other. Their trunks are strong enough to pick up trees but sensitive enough to pick up a flower. They use them as tools to sweep paths, to scratch themselves, to swat flies, and to draw in the dirt. They are good swimmers and use their trunks like snorkels. They live together in family groups. They help each other when in trouble. They join together to care for and rescue their young.
21. Among any other mammals, elephants have the biggest ....
22. Elephants use their trunks to do many things except for ....
a. scratching themselves.
b. picking up trees.
c. holding flies.
23 The above text describes ... in general.
a. a brain
b. a trunk
c. a mammal
d. an elephant
24. “They join together to care for and rescue their young” (the last sentence)
The word “rescue” means ....
Read this text carefully and answer no 25 to 27
Last week Mr. Hasan his wife and his children went to Bali. They went to Sanur beach and Kuta beach. They left by car in the afternoon. Mr. Hasan drove carefully. They came at Sanur at six in the evening. Then they went in a motel near the beach. They spent the night there.
The next day they went to the beach. They went on foot because the motel is not more than a kilometer from the beach. They started early in the morning because they wanted to see the rising sun. After enjoying the sun rise, they enjoyed other activities. Mr. Hasan and his wife looked paintings in a small gallery. Their children, Anto and Dewi enjoyed a boat ride. They were glad because they never did it before. At ten o’clock they went to the motel. They stayed and had lunch there.
At four in the afternoon, they started to go to Kuta beach. They went by car, then they walked along the sea shore. They saw some foreign tourists’ activities.
25. What is the main idea of the last paragraph?
a. They went by car.
b. They went to Kuta beach.
c. Many foreign tourist had massage.
d. The family played in the water and had a swim.
26. From the text we know that Mr. Hasan’s family ….
a. lost the way in Bali.
b. were boring with the trip.
c. enjoyed the trip very much.
d. had never been to Bali before.
27. What is the text about?
a. Bali island.
b. Mr. Hasan family.
c. Mr. Hasan’s family trip
d. Foreign tourist activities.
This text is for number 28 to 30
Television is a system of mass communication. It involves the transmission of images and sound to distance screens. The transmission can be done through electromagnetic waves or through cable system (TV cable).
Television is an important facility of communication. In average, people in America watch television for 31 hours per week while in Britain people watch television for 25 hours per week. Television has the ability to bring people to get to know others from various nationalities. Television is also the first medium to present news and current affairs to the public internationally.
For many years, many of the most important international events have been experienced as TV events. Television also reports various international issues and political conflicts. But, some commentators have claimed that the era of television is coming to an end. It is because there are many other communication facilities are invented. In spite of these changes, TV remains probably the most important form of mass communication of the late 20th century.
28. What does the text tell us about?
a. Means of communication.
b. Electromagnetic waves.
c. TV programs.
29. Which statement is TRUE according to the text ?
a. American watch television as much as Britain.
b. American need more time than Britain to watch television.
c. Britain need more time than American to watch television.
d. Indonesian people need most time for all to watch television.
30. The word “ It “ ( paragraph 3) refers to….
c. TV event
d. the era of television
This text is for number 31 to 33
Biggest Band show “ Kangen Band “
Held : Saturday, December 26,2009
Time : 07.00 pm – 10.00 pm
Place : Magelang Town Square
We present the most famous singers :
• Afgan Syah Reza
• Agnes Monica
Rp. 50.000,- / adult
Rp. 30.000,- / child
For entranceticket, please call :
Sisca : Ph. (0293) 456789
John : Ph. (0293) 326389
31. How many entertainers will perform on the show?
32. The advertisement tells us about ….
a. Entrance tickets.
b. kangen Band.
c. A band show.
d. Ticket price.
33. The organizer present the most famous singers.
The underlined word means ….
c. stand on the stage.
d. perform on the stage.
This text is for number 34 to 37!
I know that you are in Singapore. Your father wrote to me about it. While you are in Singapore, would you like to stay with us on Sundays? We have a spare room for you. Moreover our house is very close to the shopping center and your school.
It’s easy to go to our house. Just take the 123 bus and get off at St. Mary School. Then walk back a bit, there is a small street beside it, you should turn right. You will see a house with green door, that’s ours.
Well, think about it and we hope you can come.
( Taken from, Effective English, 2005)
34. “… We have a spare room for you” ( paragraph 1).
The underlined word means ….
35. Where is Tiara’s school?
a. Far from the shopping center.
b. Close to Michele’s house.
c. Beside St. Mary School.
d. Close to your school.
36. These statements are TRUE based on the text, except ….
a. Michele is Tiara’s friend.
b. Michele lives in Singapore.
c. Michele studies at St. Mary School.
d. Michele hopes that Tiara will come to her house.
37. “ … to stay with us on Sundays? ( paragraph 1).
The word “us “ in the sentence refers to …
c. Tiara and her father.
d. Michele and her family.
Read the text and answer the questions 38 to 40
A Cheese Omelet
1 egg, 50 g cheese, ¼ cup milk, 3 tablespoons cooking oil, a pinch of
salt and pepper.
1. Crack an egg into a bowl
2. Whisk the egg with a fork until it is smooth
3. Add milk then whisk well
4. Grate the cheese and put into the bowl then stir
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan
6. Pour the mixture into the frying pan
7. turn the omelet with a spatula when it browns
8. Fry both sides
9. Place on a plate, seasoned with salt and pepper
10. Eat while warm
38. How many ingredients do we need to make a cheese omelet?
39. What should we do after we heat the oil in a frying pan?
a. Pour the mixture.
b. Grate the cheese.
c. Turn the omelet.
d. Fry both sides.
40. “Crack the egg into the bowl.”
The underlined word has the same meaning as…..
41. The cheese omelet would be delicious if it is served ….
42. The best arrangement of step “ How to make a boat or a hat of paper “ is….
1. Next fold the sides up to the middle crease, keep folded
2. Then, fold the corders down to the middle again.
3. First, fold the paper in half the long way, crease and unfold.
4. After that, fold the corders down to the middle
5. Finally, open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat or flip it over and wear it as a hat.
6. Then, fold the points down to the middle.
43. you – not – in – thank – for - area – smoking
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The best arrangement to make a sentence is ....
a. 5 – 1 – 2 – 7 – 3 – 8 - 6 - 4
b. 5 – 2 – 1 – 7 – 3 – 8 - 6 - 4
c. 4 – 1 – 5 – 2 – 7 – 3 - 8 - 6
d. 4 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 7 – 8 - 6 – 3
44. Arrange the jumbled words into a good sentence !
Considered – you – articles – sold - them –
1 2 3 4 5
are – if – broke
6 7 8
45. Please arrange these jumbled words into the best arrangement!
Reading- I- a novel- phoned- when-
1 2 3 4 5
my sister- you- was
6 7 8
a. 6 – 4 – 7 – 5 – 2 – 8 – 1 – 3
b. 6 – 8 – 1 – 3 – 5 – 2 – 4 – 7
c. 2 – 8 – 4 – 3 – 5 – 6 – 1 – 7
d. 2 – 1 – 3 – 5 – 7 – 8 – 4 – 6
46. intelligent – are – dolphins – not – friendly –
1 2 3 4 5
only –but also
47. 1. The giant was angry and cut off the head of some workers.
2. A giant fell in love with Rara Jonggrang.
3. The giant turned Rara Jonggrang into a temple.
4. Rara Jonggrang tricked the giant by waking up the cocks.
5. She didn’t want to marry the giant.
6. The giant realized that Rara Jonggrang had tricked him.
The best arrangement of the jumbled sentences is ….
a. 4 – 5 – 3 – 6 – 1 - 2
b. 4 – 5 – 2 – 3 – 6 – 1
c. 2 – 5 – 1 – 4 – 6 – 3
d. 2 – 5 – 4 – 1 – 6 – 3
For number 48 to 50 choose the suitable words to fill in the blanks !
Reptiles are vertebrates, animals with (48) … Alligators and crocodiles, lizards, snakes, and turtles are the main groups of reptiles. There are more than 7,000 (49)… of reptiles that belong to these groups.
Alligators, crocodiles, lizards, and snakes have (50) … tough skin. It is covered with scales. Turtles have shells on their backs.
48. a. gills
49. a. species
50. a. tough
- - | TO 5 K.9816 | - -
1. Read this caution carefully.
NO TOWING ALONG THE TOLL ROAD!
What does the caution mean?
a. We may tow our car along the toll road.
b. We should wait other vehicles on the toll road.
c. Towing another car along the toll road is extremely dangerous.
d. We are not allowed to pull another car with ours on the toll road.
2. Read this text carefully.
I hope this makes you
To whom do you send the card?
a. A sick person
b. A happy person
c. A person who celebrates birthday
d. A friend who wants to have a party
This text is for number 3 and 4.
All seventh year students
I just want to remind you that tomorrow, March 10th, you will have an experiment in the laboratory. Don’t forget to prepare anything you need.
3. When was the message written?
It was written on ….
a. March 8th
b. March 9th
c. March 10th
d. March 11th
4. From the text we know that ….
a. the biology teacher has told about the experiment before.
b. the seventh year students have never had an experiment before..
c. the biology teacher prepares anything for the biology experiment.
d. the seventh year students do not know that there will be an experiment.
5. What is the type of the text?
a. An advertisement
b. An announcement
c. A notice
d. A letter
This text is for number 5 and 6.
I’m going to celebrate my 15th birthday party tomorrow night at my nice house at 08.00 p.m. I’ll be very happy if you’d like to come and join with me and our friends. Don’t forget to take your couple.
6. When will Dewi hold her birthday party?
a. In the morning
b. In the afternoon
c. In the evening
d. At night
7. “Don’t forget to take your couple”. (last sentence)
The underlined word means ….
This text is for number7 – 9
Event : Students’ Gathering
Day/date : Saturday, January 5, 2010
Time : 10 a.m.
Venue : Students center, Room V
prepare some plans for “Literary Appreciation Week”. This will be a brain-storming discussion. Please do come on time.
Negligence only: Seanu Prabu 081321706729
8. When will the gathering be held?
a. In the afternoon
b. On Saturday afternoon
c. On Saturday, January 5, 2010
d. During the literary appreciation week
9. What are students supposed to prepare for the students’ gathering?
d. Literary books
10. “Negligence only: Seanu Prabu 081321706729”
This sentence tells us that we should ….
a. tell Seanu Prabu if we can come
b. contact Seanu Prabu before we come
c. ask further information to Seanu Prabu
d. inform Seanu Prabu that we cannot come
This text is for number10 – 12
Bunaken National Marine Park
The Bunaken national Marine Park is located at the north of the island of Sulawesi, Indonesia. This marine park is made up of the mainland along the coast of Manado and five island: the Bunaken, Manado Tua, Siladen, Mantehage, and Nain.
Bunaken is about 45-60 minutes by boat from Manado. It is the most amazing diving place in the world. The water of Bunaken National Marine Park are extremely deep (1,560 meters in Manado Bay). However, people can dive safely at Bunaken.The temperature is about 27°-29° Celsius. Divers can find corals, fish, sponges, clams, and other sea species in the water. Bunaken has about 60 kinds of corals and a thousand of fish species.
Bunaken marine Park is such a treasure trove of biodiversity.
11. Where is Bunaken National Marine Park located?
a. At the north of the Sulawesi island
b. Between Mantehage and Nain
c. In Manado Tua
d. In Siladen
12. How is the temperature at Bunaken?
13. What does the text mostly talk about?
a. The coast of Manado
b. The sea spices in Bunaken
c. The Bunaken National Marine Park
d. The location of Bunaken National Marine Park
Read the text and answer questions 13-15
Last weekend the girl scouts and the boy scouts of my school had their first fun camping outside the school.
They left from Cikoneng at 05:00 am. After a long and thrilling drive they arrived at the village and found a good camping site.
“Let’s set up our tent there” said the leader while pointing at the garden. Then they started to work. In a short time the tent where ready ant they put a small flag on the top of each tent. After that some girl scouts made a fire while some others cooked their lunch. The boys where busy working . The lunch was ready at 03:00pm. And they immediately started to eat. After that they took a little rest.
At 04.30 pm the leader blew his whistle and all the girl scouts and boy scouts gathered around to start their fun camping program.
13. The writer’s purpose to write the text is to ….
a. describe Cikoneng village.
b. report the camping program.
c. tell the writer’s camping experience.
d. explain the process of setting up the tents.
14. What is the main idea of the third paragraph?
a. The scouts set up their tent.
b. The scouts came to camping site.
c. The scouts started their activities in the camping site.
d. The leader scouts prepared everything for the camping.
15. “…and some others cooked their lunch…” (paragraph 3 line 5)
What does the underlined phrase refer to?
a. The teachers.
b. The girl scouts.
c. The boy scouts.
d. The leader of the scouts.
This text is for number16 – 18
How to Use Blender
A. First, put the blender near the wall outlet.
B. Second, make sure all of the components of blender are in its place.
C. Third, put the ingredients you want to blend inside the blender.
D. Next, plug in the power cord to the wall outlet.
E. After that, switch the button on, wait until the ingredients were blended.
F. Finally, switch the button off and put the blended ingredients in a bowl or plate.
16. What must you do after you put the ingredients you want to blend inside the blender ?
a. Switch the button on.
b. Switch the button off.
c. Put the blender near the wall outlet.
d. Plug in the power cord to the wall outlet.
17. How many steps should you take if you want to use a blender based on the text?
18. “… make sure all of the components …” (step 2).
The underlined phrase can be best replaced by the word ….
This text is for number19 – 22
Once upon a time, there lived a little girl named Snow White. She lived with her aunt and uncle because her parents were dead.
One day, she heard her aunt and uncle talking about leaving Snow White in the castle because they both wanted to go to America and they didn’t have enough money to take Snow White.
Snow white did not want her uncle and aunt to do this so she decided it would be best if she ran away.
The next morning she ran away from home when her aunt and uncle were having breakfast. She ran away into the woods. She was very tired and hungry. Then she saw a little cottage. She knocked but no one answered so she went inside and fell asleep.
Meanwhile, the seven dwarfs were coming home from work. They went inside. There they found Snow White sleeping. Then Snow White woke up. She saw the dwarfs. The dwarfs said, what is your name? Snow White said, “My name is Snow White.”
Doc said, “If you wish, you may live here with us”. Snow White said, “Oh, could I? Thank you”. Then Snow White told the dwarfs the whole story and Snow White and the seven dwarfs lived happily ever after.
19. Why did Snow White live with her uncle and aunt? Because ….
a. her parents went to America
b. her parents lived in America
c. her parents had passed away
d. she liked living with her uncle
20. “They lived happily ever after”. ( last paragraph )
The underlined word refers to….
a. the dwarfs
b. Snow White and the dwarfs
c. Snow White’s uncle and aunt
d. Snow White and her uncle and aunt
21. From the story we can conclude that the dwarfs were ….
22. What moral value can we learn from the story?
a. A patient and greedy hearted person will always find happiness
b. A patient and kind hearted person will find happiness
c. The badness is always the winner
d. A stranger is always cruel
This text is for number23 – 24
Decontgestant Antispasinodic and Demulcent
This expectorant cure:
• Cough colds, influenza, asthma, bronchitis, allergic disease, etc.
• This expectorant has no contra indication
• Its nice flavor is refreshing and gives satisfaction to users.
Adult : 2 – 3 x a spoonful
Children : 2 x ½ teaspoon
Keep bottle in warm place
Reg. No. DTL. 7827909637
23. What illness can zenirex cure?
a. cough, flu, and asthma
b. stomachache and fever
c. cold and shore throat
d. headache and flu
24. “This expectorant cure …”
The word “cure” is similar to the word ….
This text is for number 25 – 26
My friends and I have different hobbies. I like reading. I almost read any different reading materials like books, newspapers, magazines, even comics. I often go to school library to read and borrow books. My friend, Yanto likes playing football. He plays it in the field near his house. He wants to be a professional player. Nina likes collecting stamps and cooking. She collects the stamp from different countries. She gets the stamp from her friends and her uncle who live aboard. Now, she has collected the stamps from all over the world. Asih likes cooking. She cooks with her sister on Sundays. She learns a lot from her sister. Winda likes sewing. Her mother often helps her how to sew. She can make her own shirts now. She likes scouting also. She often goes camping. She loves it very much.
25. Who likes camping very much?
a. The writer
26. “… who live abroad…”
The underlined word means .…
b. home country
c. foreign country
d. far away country
This text is for number 27 – 29
Last week, Mrs. Chadijah went to Bukittinngi with her husband, Mr. Sahal, and her daughter, Chairunnisa.
Arriving in Bukittinngi Mrs. Chadijah directly went to her relatives’ houses. She met them and shook hands with them. They talked one another about the family and their experience. She also apologized to them because it was still Lebaran situation.
On the second day, they went to Sianok Canyon with her daugther. She took some pictures because the scenary was very beautiful there.
On the third day she came back to Jakarta. She departed from Minangkabau Airport at 10 a.m. and arrived in Jakarta at 10.30 a. m.
The trip was tiring, but she enjoyed it.
27. What does the text talk about?
a. Visiting Bukittinggi
b. Living in Bukittinggi
c. Celebrating Lebaran Day
d. Visiting the tourist resorts
28. What is the main idea of the second paragraph?
a. Mrs. Chadijah went to her relatives’ house.
b. Mrs. Chadijah came back to Jakarta.
c. Mrs. Chadijah went to Bukittinggi.
d. They shook hands each other.
29. How long did Mrs. Chadijah’s family stay in Bukittinggi?
They stayed there for ... days.
This text is for number 30 – 33
I’ve once heard someone who said that “ All I know is what I read in newspapers.” This is an uncommon expression, but I’m sure it is true that newpapers are important sources of information. Many people begin their day by reading the papers. In this way they learn what is going on in the world. However, sometimes they don’t have time to read the news carefully and must be satisfied with a quick look at the front page at other times they may be in such a hurry that they only have time to glance at the headlines.
There are newspapers to satisfy every reader. In big cities there are many types of papers, with several different editions everyday. Some years ago , in small towns there were fewer newspapers and perhaps only one edition each day, but now the situation is different. In some areas, the papers are printed weekly.
Most newspapers have several sections, especially on Sunday when the edition is larger than usual. There are in addition to the front page with the most important news, the sports section, the society page, the comics, the amusement section, the business page and the editoral.
30. What do people get by reading newspapers ?
31. How many sections are there in most newspapers?
There are … sections
32. What does the text tell us about ?
It tells us about ….
a. Newspaper in general
b. The part of newspaper
c. The function of newspaper
d. The importance of newspaper
33. “… they learn what is going on in the world…” (the first paragraph)
The underlined phrase means ….
This text is for number 34 – 36
Singapore Island Tour
Saturday Leave Soremban at 10.00 a.m. by bus Arrive in Singapore at 3.00 p.m.
Stay at the Central Circus Hotel
Sunday Visit the Science Center, Jurong Bird Park. Enjoy a cool evening walk by. The Lake in Chinese Garden.
Monday Visit Haw Par Villa, Trade Centre and Sentosa Island. Cable Car Ride to Sentosa Island.
Tuesday Visit Orchard Road, China town, Little India, and Changi Alley to Shopping.
Wednesday Leave Singapore at 10.00 a.m. by bus. Arrive at Seremban at 3.00 p.m.
34. Where may Kamala and Ravi do their shopping?
They may do their shopping at ....
a. Chinese Garden
b. Haw Par Villa
c. Changi Alley
d. Central Circus
35. When will they leave Singapore?
a. in the morning
b. at noon
c. in the afternoon
d. in the evening
36. “They will join a tour conducted by …”
The word “conducted” means….
This text is for number 37 – 38
I’m deeply shocked at the sudden death of your mother. May God give her eternal rest and may her soul rest in peace!
Accept our condolences and be strong and patient.
37. The message belongs to….
38. The text tells us that .…
a. Vega’s mother was shocked
b. Vega’s mother had just died
c. Keyla’s mother had just died
d. Keyla writes to condolence
This text is for number 39 – 40
I’m sorry I can’t pick you up at the airport but luckily, my friend Steve can ( he works at night, so he is free in the morning ).
I just want to make sure about the information. Your plane arrive at 11 a.m. on 25 th June and your flying on KLN Air 1327. Is that right?
I told Steve to look for a woman with two young girls, but he wanted more information. Do you look the same? What about your daughters? You shouldn’t have a problem finding Steve at the airport. He’s very tall and thin. He has curly brown hair, a moustache and a beard.
I can’t wait to see you!
39. “I can’t wait to see you!” ( last sentence )
What does the word “you” refer to?
40. “… but luckily my friend Steve can”
What does the underlined word mean?
This text is for number 41 – 43
1 package ( 3 ounces) cherry flavored gelatin
3 cups boiling water
5 cups cold water
3 cups pineapple juice
2 cups orange juice
4 cups ice cubes
Combine gelatine with boiling water; still dissolved.
Add cold water, pineapple juice and orange juice. Just before serving, add ice cubes and stir until melted.
41. How much water do we need?
a. 3 cups
b. 5 cups
c. 8 cups
d. 16 cups
42. Which statement is TRUE based on the text above?
a. We can change the pineapple and orange with ice cubes and cold water.
b. We need three kinds of juice to make fruit punch.
c. We need to boil the juice before it is served.
d. We can drink the fruit punch while it is cold.
43. “Stir until melted.”
What does the underlined word mean?
a. To move a liquid around with a spoon.
b. To cut something into smaller pieces.
c. To decorate the food with some fruit.
d. To cut into thin flat pieces
This text is for number 44 – 46
Complete the procedure text below with the appropriate words!
Here are the steps to send a message.
1. First … (44) the menu.
2. Then click messaging icon and open it.
3. Click new message.
4. After that, click “type message”, three choices will appear ; choose .…(45).
5. Write your message.
6. After that, click “select” and choose send.
7. Your message will be sent ….(46)
44. a. close
45. a. message
46. a. happily
47. without – in – operate – not – this – do –
1 2 3 4 5 6
cover – place
The correct arrangement of the words is ….
48. Arrange the words into a good sentence!
used to – in – village – I – before – moved – I
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
– here – live – the
8 9 10
a. 4 – 1 – 9 – 2 – 10 – 3 – 5 – 7 – 6 – 8
b. 4 – 6 – 8 - 5 – 7 – 1 – 9 – 2 – 10 – 3
c. 5 – 4 – 1 – 6 – 8 – 7 – 9 – 2 – 10 – 3
d. 4 – 1 – 6 – 8 – 5 – 7 – 9 – 2 – 10 – 3
49. Arrange these jumbled sentences into a good paragraph.
1. He saw several bunches of grapes in the garden.
2. He leapt higher an higher, but the grapes were out of reach.
3. Finally, he walked away.
4. One day, a hungry fox passed a garden.
5. After jumping for almost an hour, the fox realized that he would not be able to get the grapes.
6. Being hungry, he decided to get some of them.
7. He said to himself, “The grapes must be sour,”.
a. 4 – 1 – 6 – 5 – 2 – 3 – 7
b. 4 – 7 – 5 – 3 – 6 – 1 – 2
c. 4 – 1 – 6 – 2 – 5 – 7 – 3
d. 4 – 2 – 3 – 1 – 5 – 7 – 6
50. Rearrange these sentences to make a good paragraph.
1. Some fireflies are predatory, while others find food on plenty pollen and nectar.
2. There are over 2.000 types of fireflies.
3. A firefly is an insect and it is fantastic animal.
4. At night, they give light by moving a small part of their body that shines.
5. They all do the same thing.
6. They sleep during the day and work at night.
a. 3 – 2 – 6 – 1 – 4 – 5
b. 2 – 3 – 4 – 5 – 1 – 6
c. 4 – 3 – 1 – 6 – 5 – 2
d. 3 – 2 – 5 – 4 – 6 – 1