Wednesday, 3 May 2017
Bahasa Inggris SMA Giving Advice
• I suggest that you....
• She advises me to do the best.
• You should be patient.
• Everyone should not....
• Why don’t you...?
• You must not break the rules.
• Please, don’t....
• I warn you not to....
• Don’t do that.
Read the following dialogues. Underline the expressions used.
Danu is in Mrs Dewi's room. She is giving advice to Danu.
Mrs. Hutabarat : Danu, Mrs. Etty told me that you didn't attend her lesson six times. Is that right?
Danu : Yes, Mam.
Mrs. Hutabarat : Why didn't you study with her properly? She is a qualified teacher here. Many students like her very much because she is also a patient teacher.
Danu : Actually I like her lessons. But the way she explains is so fast that I cannot follow the lesson.
Mrs. Hutabarat : You should ask her to explain the lesson more slowly.
Danu : But I'm ashamed to tell her.
Mrs Hutabarat : Alright, I'll accompany you to talk to her.
Danu : Thank you, Ma'am.
Mrs Hutabarat : It's alright.
Danu : Ma'am, I promise to study hard especially in her subject.
Mrs Hutabarat : That's my student.
A man is stopped by a policewoman because he violated a traffic regulation.
Policewoman : Good morning, Sir. May I see your driving licence?
A man : Good morning. Here you are.
Policewoman : You just broke a traffic regulation on
A man : Did I ride my motorbike too fast?
Policewoman : No. But you didn't read the traffic sign when turning right. You must not enter this street before 10 a.m.
A man : Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't see it, because I am in a hurry.
Policewoman : Okay. Go ahead with your motorbike. But you should sign the traffic ticket. Then your driving license must be left here.
A man : Alright Ma'am. I'm sorry for my fault. It won't happen again.
Answer the questions based on the two dialogues above.
1. Why should Danu meet Mrs. Hutabarat in her room?
2. What did Mrs. Hutabarat say when giving a suggestion to Danu?
3. What did Mrs. Hutabarat mean by saying you should not do that?
4. Why did the policewoman stop the man?
5. What did the policewoman say to warn the man?
6. Why must the man sign the traffic ticket?
Complete the following dialogues by choosing the right expressions given in the box. Practice them with your partner.
a. Don't do too much training.
b. Why don't you go with your father?
c. She advised me to study hard.
d. Don't meet Mr. Rudi now.
e. Don't forget to give him my regards.
f. He is in the admonition of God.
g. You should study hard.
1. Ajeng : I'm very sorry, Sir. I came late.
Mr. Siregar : Okay. But ………. He has been here since 7.
2. Meylan : …………… He cannot be disturbed. He is very busy.
Robert : Alright. I'll meet him at noon.
3. Doctor : No problem. Just take enough rest. ………………
Patient : I will. Thank you, Doc.
4. Aisyah : Mom, tomorrow I'll have a test. Please pray for me always.
Mother : Okay. But ………….
5. Lidya : What should I do when meeting Mr. Cahyo at his office?
Father : Yeah.
6. Arum : What did mother say to you?
Roni : ………………..because she didn't want me to fail.
7. Lia : Excuse me, why does the rich man often get problems?
Budi : I think that……………..
Promo Aqila ada beberapa Produk Aqila yang dapat membantu dalam Bidang Pendirian Bimbel
Soal Kelas 4 SD, Keaneragaman Suku dan Budaya Setempat 1. Budaya atau kebudayaan adalah hasil kegiatan dan penciptaan atau kreasi dari …. ...
Download Modul untuk Bimbel SD dan SMP Kelas 4 Matematika IPS Kelas 4 IPA PKn Indo SMP Kelas 8 Sem 2; 82 mb Modul Skill Count J...
pada himpunan bilangan bulat adalah .... a. x = 1 b. x = 2 c. x = –2 d. x = –1 2. Diketahui persamaan-persamaan beri...